1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's Felin Species (v3.3.3)

Discussion in 'Races' started by Kawa, Dec 6, 2013.

1. TheHalfBit

TheHalfBit Subatomic Cosmonaut

you could always put it just infront or behind the driver's seat :p

2. nicholas7435

nicholas7435 Void-Bound Voyager

hey i have a question every time i launch starbound when it says its loading the game crashes,is the mod v.5 offended koala yet?Because if its not that is the problem.

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Only the next release of the Felins mod will start being compatible with Starbound's internal modloader, by virtue of __merge and hopefully no more indices. The current version I'd recommend installing manually -- the same goes for all other species mods in my opinion, and how this is done exactly has been posted almost a hundred times across the board by now.

In other, less denigatory news:
    [​IMG]

4. Kiajinn

Kiajinn Sandwich Man

By Rico's Red Ring! a Metal Box :D

My Favorite!

Nice Progress.

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

If you think that's nice...

[​IMG]

Still with nothing but Textpad and Paintshop.

6. Seripa

Seripa Subatomic Cosmonaut

This would probably have been one of the top races I would have liked to see, right above Naga, Draconians and Imps.

Thank you for the lovely mod!

7. Corin

Corin Void-Bound Voyager

I await the day we get fox mod along with you

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  8. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

I like how fleshed out this race of yours is, to the point you've actually started on villagers and stuff. I'm avoiding race mods at the moment until Starbound is a bit farther along and more stable, but this is definitely going to be one of the main mods I have installed when the time comes.

I assume from the pics that the Felin villages are going to have an "Apex with bits added on" style? Looks promising, although I'd like to suggest a possible alternate style that could pop up here and there; small tree houses styled like cat condos.

Kawa likes this.
  9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I was actually thinking metal treehouses. I like to consider the above screenshots a good practice run.

By which I mean the treehouses are metal, not the trees.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Currently working on NPC dialogue, so for example an Apex can say "you are as hairy as the best of us." When done, Angry Update.

11. Richardson

Richardson Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Definitely a promising mod. Going as far as to create new structures to account for the race is amazing dedication.

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Thanks, but I'd rather get this out soon and the villages are gonna need more work still.

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Warning: I'm an idiot and forgot to actually upload the new version -- an easy mistake when you use external links. So if you downloaded this before I wrote this post, redownload.

15. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

so... a bit of a stupid question, but the description over in "Mods" reads "Catgirls in Space!".
    Are there boys too? :p

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yes.

The Enlightened Grue likes this.
  17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

A'ight, here's something: does anybody here want to help with developing a Felin wardrobe?

The clothes, not the container you'd put them in.

18. The Enlightened Grue

what kind of clothes and how many?
    I'm not a professional by any means... and I sprite at the interest level of a cat with ADHD.

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Well, these kitties "trade goods for services, including hunting, carpentry, and woo-hoo". So, things with not too much fabric in. Think Florans, but not as... vegetative. Maybe closer to the Avians. Open fronts are preferred.

As for not being much good at spriting, I'm okay with just designs that I can then sprite up myself.

Edit: to repeat an image from the OP...
    [​IMG]
    About that much fabric in total.

20. The Enlightened Grue

I'll try to keep focus, but final clerification- you'll be going over whatever I makes and touching it up, so to speak?
    That is if my attention doesn't drift before I start >_<