1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Instrument Table (Craftable Instruments)

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by Lachee, Dec 8, 2013.

1. CrownFox

CrownFox Subatomic Cosmonaut

Lachee, I have an idea you might like.

Take the instrumenttable.item file and add the following to it;

Code:
    "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" : [
        "electricbass",
        "femmicrophone",
        "flute",
        "harmonica",
        "harp",
        "koto",
        "leadguitar",
        "microphone",
        "musicbox",
        "nylonguitar",
        "oboe",
        "ocarina",
        "overdriveguitar",
        "piano",
        "reedorgan",
        "rockorgan",
        "saxophone",
        "steeldrum",
        "trumpet",
        "violin",
        "accordion",
        "acousticguitar",
        "banjo",
        "bassguitar",
        "bones",
        "clarinet",
        "drumkit",
        "dulcimer"
    ]

If you do that the player only needs to add the instrument table to their player.config:
    Code:
    { "item" : "instrumenttable" },

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  2. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

I just made a version of this where you smelt "wooden planks" in a "stone furnace" to make the modded item
    and that teaches all its unique recipes for instruments when you pick it up. it is also installed by copying it into a "mods" folder, how mods should be done.

installing tutorial is in the file:

https://mega.co.nz/#!hksC3C6B!CUWgMwT6XCw2KpE8Idc1Dy3842Ix0m9OObZoHWh5l_M

Attached Files:

3. okok111

okok111 Pangalactic Porcupine

Heh, was just going to make something like this. Looks awesome, will dl. +1.

4. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

Acctually in the next version I have planed I have done exactly that, but thank you otherwise ^_^

Neat, thank you :D A bit later I might link it in the OP, or even include it with the next build (once my starbound updates) with that's alright with you :)

CrownFox likes this.
  5. dragonroar3

dragonroar3 Void-Bound Voyager

man this fucked up my game :s i get the infinite loading screen every single time, i tried everything to fix it, i'm gonna reinstall the game now, that's my last hope

6. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

Say my good Lachee. When do you forsee the next mod update to be? Also have you noticed that the accordian does not show up during crafting? Atleast it did not for me.

7. buboe

buboe Subatomic Cosmonaut

Works fine on indignant koala, make sure to follow all of the new steps correctly.

8. TrixterHg

TrixterHg Void-Bound Voyager

How do I make the circuit board??? I really want to make the mic's and the electric bass guitar but can't figure out how to make the circuit board. (I found a overdrive guitar already so that's fine)

9. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

I remember getting a Circuit Board by killing a human defence droid once. try grinding those.

10. Lachee

11. Lachee

~ New Update ~
    - v3 -

Change Log:
    Created a player.config free recipe system!

New folder formatting (sorting) again (for my other mods)

Read Original Post for installation instructions

Would you like me to make them a little less expensive? Maybe double the copper, or add another tiered item instead of the circuit board? You can also craft them, using wire and polymer.​

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  12. Daze

Daze Aquatic Astronaut

I was able to craft the table and place it, but as soon as I hit E on it I crash?

13. Lachee

~ New Update ~
    - v4 -

Change Log:
    Fixed Crash On Use ('E')

Read Original Post for installation instructions

Woops, silly me :facepalm: I spelt the config location wrong for the table, it is fixed in v4.

14. tvo770

tvo770 Aquatic Astronaut

still crash's on e hit.

15. steve0756

steve0756 Void-Bound Voyager

Definitely make the microphones/overrdrive guitars cheaper. Circuit Boards are extremely hard to get.

16. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Is this in the "Mods" section of the site? I can't find it. I only discovered this by reading the comments in KaosVardenmaell's "Craftable Instruments" mod where the author mentions it as something similar that requires an Instrument Table. Seriously, this should be in the Musical Instruments section of the mods.

Anyway, have you considered adding brass as a new material to craft certain instruments?

17. Lachee

No I haven't considered adding brass... I might do that, thanks for the idea.

Yea, it is not yet on the mod site, I was considering it but it would require me to make another thread as far as I can tell... I might do it a bit later.

Thundercraft and Whaleduck like this.
  18. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

Hey Lachee what do you think of the idea of a tuba in the game? As a musician i really miss my Tuba.

19. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

No prob. Though, actually, it's not my idea. KaosVardenmaell's "Craftable Instruments" already adds brass for certain instruments. I prefer your mod, however, because you have a separate Instrument Table to craft instruments. And I want a mod that requires blueprints to make it as non-cheat as possible.

Hmm... Have you considered "borrowing" instruments from other mods? Might make it faster to add new stuff. Just an idea.

Example: Su madre es MUY suave's Craftable instruments mod incorporated a new instrument called "test" that was in the game files, but not utilized. He just made it craftable:

20. FadeFreeman

FadeFreeman Aquatic Astronaut

^ this is exactly what i want.