1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Organize Your Stuff?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by AnNoYiNg NaMe, May 25, 2015.

1. AnNoYiNg NaMe

AnNoYiNg NaMe Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound is filled to the brim with blocks, weapons, and furniture, and after a moderate time of spelunking, so is one's inventory.

How do you organize your stuff, both in your backpack, and once you've gotten home?

Do you have a neat, Dewey Decimal System that catalogs every hue of Moondust you find, or are you a Darwinist and only keep what you absolutely need?

NerArth likes this.
  2. Gevouden

Gevouden Big Damn Hero

I just delete stuff that Im not intending to use right away . If I need more, I'll print it or go get it.

3. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

AnNoYiNg NaMe likes this.
  4. AnNoYiNg NaMe

Well, I suppose that's what I get for not searching the forums before posting. Sorry about that.

5. VarekRaith

VarekRaith Phantasmal Quasar

Early on, Soaryn chests.
    ;)

6. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

with a sort feature from the future!

7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I organize logically categorically... Utilizing the various containers, and the blocks themselves. The last bit mainly to label, unless I decide to use the sign maker. On ship it may be more compact and space efficient to a degree. At least with what I collect and store on there. That and want to have room to decorate the ship itself.:)

So when I find a planet to call home I would build a storehouse...

8. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

I usually keep everything organized, because im not keep everything all over places.

9. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Of course I organize. Otherwise, I'll never use half of my storage containers and would be unable to find anything easily. I destroy objects unless I plan to use them (or can't print them), I keep my different weapon classes in different containers, have lockers from my armours and clothes... ect, ect.

10. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I organise. Mainly because I get annoyed when I want something but can't find it. And I get annoyed when there's a mess in a chest. #OCD.

I have 6 48 box storage lockers in my ship. One has clothes. One has weapons. One has ores/metals/alloys. One has blocks, whether they're for building with or display, One for food and one for musical instruments.

Well I did before my ship decided to play Hide and Seek and delete itself and I had to start over.

EDIT: The #OCD was a joke BTW. Just thought I'd say in case some thing bad happens.

11. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

I throw various items into a bucket and then shake them around, then I throw that bucket into whatever chest I happen to have nearby.

12. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Ores, Bars, Seeds and Ingredients all get their own special Storage chests.

Everything else, just get's stored away in an ever expanding warehouse basement, the deeper you go the more recent it has been stored. So when I decide to start a new character, if I don't decide to start from scratch I know where to find the best gear.

13. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Oh, it's nothing on you. If anything I'm giving myself grief for not making that tutorial like I keep thinking about.

AnNoYiNg NaMe likes this.
  14. AnNoYiNg NaMe

Well, you can never have too many tutorials. I'll be here to offer morale if you need it.

MrToni300 likes this.