1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Just making sure. Lots of peeps don't.

2. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

3. Kirbyroth

Kirbyroth Pangalactic Porcupine

4. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

Sayter or whomever else that may be able to help with this, I have a problem that I run into from time to time with new playthroughs.

Due to the way FU changes up all the planets (particularly in vanilla systems), I find during some playthroughs that it can be particularly hard to find certain racial items to scan for the main quest.

With the vanilla game, it gives you enough direction to know were to look e.g. Floran = Gentle System/Forest, Avian = Radioactive System/Jungle etc. However in a recent case I had regarding Avian items to scan, Jungles in Radioactive system were few and far between and there didn't (at least to me) seem to be a pattern of expected FU planet environments in a similar manner to the vanilla expectations of likely finding Jungle planets in Radioactive systems. It took something like 12-13 planetary explorations of the few jungles I did find, searching any planet in a Radioactive system and then just randomly exploring planets before I found enough things to scan to fulfill the quest.

So, other solutions to this issue withstanding, would it be possible to:
    a. Keep vanilla systems mostly vanilla to make it easier to find these specific planets.
    b. Add appropriate FU planets to the pool of likely places to find these racial civilisation plots.
    c. If b. is already the case, make this info available/easier to find on the wiki.

In terms of a., I find at the moment that the ratio of vanilla planets vs FU planets in a vanilla system is something like 0-2 vanilla planets out of 10 in a given vanilla system. I think it'd be nice if this ratio was the other way around just for vanilla systems.

If I'm being a dumbass and this info is already out there, please direct me to it. For the times I do run into this problem, it can be really frustrating and mind-numbingly boring having to constantly click in and out of the navigation panel just to find a planet to explore that MAY not have the thing you're looking for.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

5. Kirbyroth

I yet to find actual avian city just their tombs lol

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

7. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

Ooo new update. A big one too by the looks of it.

One question.

I've only just noticed the "Mods you should run" section of the main page, which mentions that Startech and the FU addon should be installed. Given that it seems to deal with an item transfer network and there is already an item transfer network in the FU mod, is Startech no longer recommended, or is it different/complimentary to the internal FU transfer system?

8. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

9. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

sayter plz help me...my mele weapons that got a shockwave ability dont work,,i mean the second ability dont work..when i right click my hammer stick in my hands and dont move

10. Myuuthemew

Myuuthemew Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone else think Frozen Wastes is now impossible? I mean yeah I had trouble with the original but now... I can't get past the first little mini-boss D8>

11. Kirbyroth

Easy if you can out range him. I used the Kluex Staff it work really well against him. Manage to find the sweet spot where I can blast him and he just sits there and lets me lol.

12. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Bug report: Keep getting kicked back to my ship when the game tries to load something on the Unknown planet I'm exploring.

These seem to indicate the problem:
    [03:36:56.358] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /monsters/seedspawn/behavior.lua, (AssetException) No such asset '/monsters/seedspawn/behavior.lua'
    [03:36:56.420] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (AssetException) Error loading asset /monsters/seedspawn/behavior.lua

Log file: http://pastebin.com/2piDudM5

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

sayter plz answer me..

15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

He won't answer you without proper logs and other debug information that the front page specifically says to give.

Some better proper English might help too, just saying.

--------

Anyways, back on topic: Some nice changes in that latest update, @sayter . I love the clean-up kind of stuff, just makes the whole package look nicer and more professional.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, expect a LOT of adjustments in rapid fire now. I have a dude helping with *just* progression now. The team is now about 11 people.... so yea. Lots can get done.

lordbociek and Xylia like this.
  18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

19. Kirbyroth

hmm looks like iam gonna have to breakdown the useless resources now before updating lol

20. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

I'm half tempted to reset my universe again now that both Starbound's setting up for bigger space travel and because of the recent progression changes to FU ^^; May wait for the actual space update to do that reset though...