1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Even after applying all the "fixes" Starbound won't launch still.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Duplo, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duplo

Duplo Big Damn Hero

I've tried using the vc_redist files to fix it, but Windows states there is a setup failure when installing/repairing them. Before ye say "Install Service Pack 1" I already had it installed before Starbound got its latest "stable" update- and I can also update/repair any other vc_redist files Steam has available to me. :chrono:

I've uninstalled it and re-installed it, and made sure that certain dll file wasn't left in the folder (it wasn't there). So I'm stumped about how to go about actually launching the game. The updates earlier today didn't fix anything for me either, sadly.

If anyone has another solution, please clue me in. Cheers in advance. ;)

Edit: This is the setup failure in question which many of us have received.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  2. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Best Answer
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Moved to In-Game & Billing Support.

4. ODST 4900

ODST 4900 Pangalactic Porcupine

You dont have any mods that may be preventing it?
    eg: Avali

5. Mrs Bartender

Mrs Bartender Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems that i'm not the only one then, it might be a problem with the new update

6. FrostyNarwhal

FrostyNarwhal Void-Bound Voyager

I'm in the same boat, made a topic earlier and didn't get any help, hopefully this one does.

Windows 7 64bit, completely updated except for the language packs. No mods, no dbghelp.dll, multiple computer restarts, reinstalled Starbound twice even though I knew that wasn't a problem. All I ever see is:

[​IMG]

Mixizm and Duplo like this.
  7. Duplo

Duplo Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I don't have mods installed, and I've even gone and tried the "run the unstable client" to see if that would work, but no dice.

Running the game as an administrator from the Steam folder itself doesn't prove useful either.

Mm, that is precisely the same window I'm getting, under the same circumstances.

8. Mrs Bartender

Mrs Bartender Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems i wasn't the only one then. I tried about everything but nothing is working so darn

BurgerBum likes this.
  9. BurgerBum

BurgerBum Void-Bound Voyager

same here. been trying everything imaginable.

windows 8.1,
    A10 4600m
    HD7660g,
    6 gigs of ram,
    no mods installed, tried running stable (from steam) unstable (from steam) and stable (direct application from my games folder)

10. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Best Answer
  11. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.