1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by MrKrab, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purpal24

Purpal24 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Still no solutions to this? Will Chucklefish be hotfixing this issue because im getting hit by it as well.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

3. Kurague

Kurague Scruffy Nerf-Herder

4. Mikhaos

Mikhaos Pangalactic Porcupine

The C++ redist files fail to install, and I have no leads as to how this is and see no way to fix this problem.

5. Carterjohn117

Carterjohn117 Void-Bound Voyager

THIS, EXACTLY FUCKING THIS Except on windows 7 :p

Caidoz and Shizen like this.
  6. Shizen

Shizen Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty much the above for me, I simply don't understand this change.

7. tasteecake

tasteecake Space Hobo

I had the same problem as all of you, i fixed it by installing both the 32 bit and the 64bit version of VC++. Hope this helps you guys out.

8. Kurague

Kurague Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, you don't understand the change but I'm playing and you're not, right? Well that's that. At least try doing it, it just fixed the problem for me*Shrug*

9. veckincile

veckincile Space Spelunker

API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-1-0.DLL

I am running windows 8.1, all updates besides optional have been installed (I will most likely hit the optional downloads moments after posting), no leftover .dll from steam in my folders or even Starbound directory. I've run both redist packages a fair amount of times before/after updating windows 8.1. I've re-installed Starbound twice now but not after updating my OS, I will get onto that soon.

Once I've done those 2 things, if anything works I will post here.

10. Thrukdok

Thrukdok Intergalactic Tourist

hey, i've got the same problem on win8.1 and fixed it by:

find your Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.msu (if u got x64 system)

copy this file to a folder you like, and run cmd on admin rights

navigate to folder where u put that file

Code:
    wusa.exe Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.msu /extract:XXXX

DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:XXXX\Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.cab

u should be able to repair/reinstall it now. If u can repair it and still can't launch game, install all windows updates. After that u should be able to play. I'm now at work so i can't check what updates i've installed to run it so install them all :D

11. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

To clarify, are you getting this error when launching starbound, or when launching the installer for VC++ Redist? For some of you it might be during the "first time setup" in steam.

For most people this issue will be due to missing service packs on your windows installations. On windows 7, to see if you have the required service pack 1 installed, do the following:

Click the Start button , right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
    This will open a control panel page with information about your computer.
    If Service Pack 1 is installed it will show under "Windows edition", if you do not see service pack 1 there you need to install it.

12. Masked Harbinger

Masked Harbinger Lucky Number 13

I think I'm just going to wait for a hotfix for this issue because I've done every possible thing to try to get this to work and i just get more errors from other programs saying that they can't install because of some other thing and trying to fix that involves fixing something else entirely to get even that to work. too much running around to get nowhere I think.

13. veckincile

I've returned with what seems is the explanation. I was under the assumption I already had the latest service packs but did not, however it was that. I've been looking around this particular problem for 2 days now and I will list what may be happening for any launch issues:

-Administrator/non-Administrator running launchers
    -as mentioned in the update post any dbghelp.dll / folders leftover
    -NEEDED SERVICE PACKS FOR BOTH WINDOWS 7 AND 8+ windows 8.1 = "update for xXX based systems (KB2919355)" is required to install C++ Visual.
    -Reinstalling Starbound/lack of
    -Restarting steam

14. Healthire

Did you try the steps I posted just above you to see if you have the correct service pack?

There isn't a hotfix for this. To run starbound on windows you need the Visual C++ 2015 runtime.

15. Squeggonic

Squeggonic Yeah, You!

So, I've done everything mentioned above. I have the windows redist packages, however when I attempt to install them, I get an error.
    I've looked in my windows updates and I have derived that I don't have the 7 pack installed. (running windows 7 ultimate)

So, I go to install ALL updates, and I get an error telling me I can't install updates to windows. gg. I know for a fact this is the only thing stopping the game from running, because I can't install the latest windows updates.
    What do.

16. veckincile

It may not be the only thing stopping it, but once you find a way to properly install those updates it will work!

17. Healthire

18. Squeggonic

Squeggonic Yeah, You!

Well, I literally just went for it, upgraded to windows 10, everything works fine now with an FPS increase around the outpost by a bit! Thank you guys for your efforts and time. :)

19. Healthire

Best Answer
    I'm sorry you had to go through all that effort to get it to run, but I'm glad it worked out!

For everyone else I have made a collected thread for visual c++ issues here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/starbound-and-visual-c-2015-installer-issues.100091/

Please use that thread from now on so we can keep all information collected in one place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.