1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enhanced Storage 6.0.4

A quality of life mod which improves the whole storage system of Starbound.

1. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

a pic for show you behavior of mini fridge , fridge seem work well (except slot+ thing)
    [​IMG]

Idk why but it happen on my medieval and primitive mini fridge but they are messed up , but like im not sure its a problem from your mod (your mod was installed before i make the mod) i've try to start the game without your mod and get a crash when i've try to place it , ill try without the line ine metadata and ojbect , but i'll check on log before.
    Pastebin of crash report if it can help you.

Without your lines it work well (and without the mod the minifridge window is normal).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  2. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

We can do the following: You will add all your fridge mods, when you finished you just let me know it and then I can add it to the compatibility list of ES.

3. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ok , but idk when it will be finish , because at the beginin i've make a medeival for my glitch , then i've get a request for floran , and then a request for avian , so imo when every class will be done it should be good (apex and human already have their fridge , not sure for hyolth).

4. NeoVanAlemania

Just tell me when you are finished your work. Its not worth to add only 2 fridges every update of ES. :)

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  5. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

Is there any possibility to enlarge inventory space ?,

6. NeoVanAlemania

Not really, the inventory is almost hard coded and can't be changed unfortunately.

7. NeoVanAlemania

@Shadox2.0: I want to push an update for ES today and I wanted to add your 3 mods to the compatibility list, but...

I downloaded your mods from Steam Workshop and noticed that your file structure is a bit strange.

1. Inside the pak file from steam there is another pak. I mean, why you don't add your unpacked files to steam, steam pak's the files automatically.

2. Why you just put your objects direct in the main directory from your mod and not in the objects folder like in vanilla? When I add your mod to the ES list I would have tons of folders in my main directory, that's what I try to avoid always.

3. Why you are using 3 different mods for all kinds of fridges? I mean, why not using a whole mod for all your fridges? Anyway its your work, but I think it would make more sense. Furthermore it is not very comfortable to add lots of small mods.

I think you have to clean your mod structure (1. and 2.) before I can add them to ES.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  8. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania updated Enhanced Storage with a new update entry:

Liquid Tanks improvement, mod support

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Btw about my fridges it take time because i try to fix something about the recipe x)

10. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Sry didnt see you message :

1 because it wasnt planned to post them of steam , at the begining it was only for here , so i take the same file when i post the mod on steam / also i dont use steam workshop at all (except for share my mod) , so i make a mod , i try it , and if it work i post it on chucklefish , then on steam for finish.

2 i'll use object folder above when my player.config.patch will be fixed , but atm like its oly 1 folder to pack i havent find usefull , but its planned.

3 because at the begining i've mod only for my medieval fridge , then i've get request for others race , also i think some people dont like to be forced to DL a pack if never they want only 1 things , but dont worry when everything will be done i'll also make a fridges mod all in one.

But you should wait a little for a better version of my mods ^^ , i'm still at the begining about every aspect of modding lol v(i mean its easy about the pixel part but the code and folder strucure and things like that its not perfect yet ^^) , i'll give news ASAP.

11. NeoVanAlemania

My last post was just a note for you, because I know those are your first mods.

Regarding point 1: For steam workshop you only have to select your unpacked mod folder, steam will pak it automatically. This prevent the doubled pak's at the end.
    point 2: keep your mods structure clean and organized. Objects find their place in e.g.: \objects\generic\fancy stuff.
    point 3: A all-in-one mod would be great. :)

12. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

p1 ok i'll keep it in mind.
    p2 yes dont worry on my test (not posted) , its like object\avian\tribalfridge
    p3 yes its planned ,but you should wait ^^

(also someone ask me apex/human fridge , but human and apex have fridge already , so idk , if i've made the first its was because gltich didnt have fridge , avian and floran same so when i've get a requets i've said yes , but i doubt i'll make on for human/apex , not sure yet ^^)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  13. NeoVanAlemania

It is your choice, maybe add additional human and apex fridges if you have fun with it. :)

14. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Yep'ill see if i fix this chucking problem with player.config ^^

Edit , sound fixed lol

15. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Btw the steam version should be ok now (no packed before shared) , even if you dont make it compatible now you should try to tke if for say me if its ok like that or not (about the folder path).

16. NeoVanAlemania

Your steam archive is ok now and the folder structure too. The only thing I'm wondering about is your metadata files inside your fridge folders, they are not needed. ^^
    One additional suggestion: recipes are normally located in: \recipes\[crafting table name]\

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  17. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ok nice ^^ , about the metadata , steam create it the first time it pack them after me , and when i've update the folder i keep it for be sure it work , but if its useless i'll remove it. (<= edit , nvm you speak about the one next to png files ^^' , removed now , atleast in the path below).

And ok i'll do that for the recipe.

Edit (following your tips :p)
    This is a folder path i've just made , it should be like in the vanilla path now ; plz correct me if i'm wrong ^^

Code:
    ...-TribalFridge1.1 (target folder when packing)
    ................-objects
    .............................-avian
    .........................................tribalfridge
    ...........................................................-tribalfridge.object
    ...........................................................-tribalfridgeleft.frames
    ...........................................................-tribalfridgeright.frames
    ...........................................................-tribalfridgeleft.png
    ...........................................................-tribalfridgeright.png
    ...........................................................-tribalfridgeicon.png
    .........................................tribalminifridge
    ...........................................................-tribalminifridge.object
    ...........................................................-tribalminifridgeleft.frames
    ...........................................................-tribalminifridgeright.frames
    ...........................................................-tribalminifridgeleft.png
    ...........................................................-tribalminifridgeright.png
    ...........................................................-tribalminifridgeicon.png
    .................-recipe
    ............................-furniture1
    .........................................-storage
    ...........................................................-tribalminifridge.recipe
    ............................-furniture2
    .........................................-storage
    ...........................................................-tribalfridge.recipe
    ..................-player.config.patch
    ..................-metadata
    ..................-preview image

18. NeoVanAlemania

Yep, its great now. :)

19. Yukimi

Yukimi Space Hobo

Alright I'm not sure if i should post this here but here goes...I've installed the Enhanced storage on my side but i totally forgot that my friend didn't have it when I join his server, so the original area where I have placed the tanks now becomes an invisible 'entity' I can put everything else where it used to be but not tanks, and using the MM i can hear the SFX of them being 'taken' but nothing ever happens. I tried joining his server again after getting him to get the mod and still the same problem occurs, even rolling back doesn't help. Even deleting and reinstalling the mod doesn't help...I'm bummed out.
    http://prntscr.com/cb19cx <--- I can place the tank at the empty space there but not the place where my old tanks used to be at.
    http://prntscr.com/cb19mo <--- also floaty avian. where the tanks used to be.
    http://prntscr.com/cb1c95 <---- being able to place other object in its place where the tanks used to be
    http://prntscr.com/cb1ykj <---- the little gap where the tank 'top' used to be at, can't place any blocks there.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  20. NeoVanAlemania