1. Hey Guest! We've announced our new game Wargroove, check out the new forums!
    Dismiss Notice

RELEASED Easier fishing

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by steffjes, Mar 3, 2016.

1. ryou0013

ryou0013 Master Chief

Aaaahhh you're welcome everyone, I'm glad I could help.

Also, I noticed a typo on the mod file I originally uploaded, I accidentally put the difficulty for the void salmon at 10 instead of 1. ^^; It should be fixed now, so if you've downloaded the super easy fishing 1.1 mod before, simply re-download and install the mod as usual. :)

• ryou0013

ryou0013 Master Chief

I had to reupload the file because I noticed a typo in the file. Perhaps you were trying to download it when I was in the process of doing that? If that's still happening I'd be more than happy to reupload, obviously. ^^

• piperbuns

piperbuns Space Spelunker

I think you're right. I got it now. Thank you <3

• FarmerHedgie

FarmerHedgie Space Hobo

Does the supereasy fishing mod work with 1.11? My game crashes in the witches swamp and the sewer when I try to fish. Has anyone else had this problem?

I really love this mod -- it makes the game enjoyable rather than having a painful part.

• Xylia

Xylia Cosmos Killer

I have an updated mod here. The mod in the front page of this thread will not work, because CA added two more new fish, and those fish are not in this modded fish.xnb which means the game will simply crash when you try to fish them up.

Please read the instructions carefully, though.

• Enalya7NZ

Enalya7NZ Tentacle Wrangler

I FOUND A BUG! (kudos if you know where that's from)

When fishing for Scorpion Carp at Calico Desert, I only get trash, no fish.

• Xylia

Xylia Cosmos Killer

Bad RNG/luck.

I pulled up Scorpion Carp just fine with this very same mod installed. Just keep trying, it can take 5-10 casts before you hook a fish instead of trash.

I started a playthrough right after I posted this mod, and I've since gotten the Stardrop involved with catching every fish (INCLUDING the two new 1.1 fish).

• Enalya7NZ

Enalya7NZ Tentacle Wrangler

So bad luck, not a bug...okey dokey...really bad luck. I fished for about 2 in game hours...all trash.

• Asanagi_Bloodrage

Asanagi_Bloodrage Yeah, You!

I'm having an issue with Xylia's easier fishing (standalone). Not sure if this is the right place to ask...

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/easier-fishing-standalone-1-1.4226/

Basically, I load up my game. Go to the nearest pond, cast my rod out, and wait. When I get the ! I click to trigger the mini-game/catch the junk...and my game proceeds to crash.

I tried to switch it back to my old Fish.xnb and it's still doing this.

What have I screwed up? Am I gonna have to do a fresh install on my game? </3

• Xylia

Xylia Cosmos Killer

This shouldn't be happening.

Can you please do the following (assuming you are running Windows):

1). Navigate to Stardew Valley\Content\Data\
                      2). Shift+Right Click somewhere in the explorer window.
                      3). Click "Open Command Line Here" (or whatever it says to that effect)
                      4). Type this:

Code:
                      dir /w
                      And hit the enter key.

5). Screenshot the result.
                      6). Crop the Command Line window (or paste the whole thing if you don't know how to do that).
                      7). Upload the image.

I want to make sure you are not naming it Fish.xnb.xnb basically. Sometimes when you rename files that have a recognized type, like if you have something.txt and you try to rename it to something_more.txt, you'll get "something_more.txt.txt".

EDIT: Your Command Line output should look like this (ignore the Fish_original and Fish_1.1original files):

[​IMG]

• steffjes

steffjes Zero Gravity Genie

When i am back i will look into fixing the dropbox file that is currently the download link to the mod and update it to 1.1 .
                        Thanks to @Xylia for all the work that he/she put into it.

(will be looking into updating super easier fishing, easier fishing, harder fishing.)
                        Will link @Xylia her post if the mod ever gets outdated again.

Suspect it to be fixed in a few days

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
                        • youassassin

youassassin Space Hobo

I assume this is an issue with the mod, but the game crashed on me while trying to catch a Slimejack. I had already caught a carp and a few trash then my next catch the game just quit. I running on a Mac through steam.

• Xylia

Xylia Cosmos Killer

What mod did you download? The one from Page 1 of this discussion thread? It's outdated (or did he update that yet?). You want the Repo version of Easier Fishing (Standalone). It's in the Game Mechanics section (and there are links in the last couple pages).

steffjes likes this.
                            • steffjes

steffjes Zero Gravity Genie

Didn't fix it yet, HAve quite a bit to do irl. Just download the standalone version of @Xylia for now.

EDIT: Should stop promising things ._.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
                              • luckyhunter

luckyhunter Space Hobo

I obviously did something wrong and now I can't fish in the game, it crashes everytime.
                                I am sad and need some help! :(

• KokoroNoKuroko

KokoroNoKuroko Master Chief

Can u help me once again? :D
                                  I just updated stardew valley and the mod doesn't function anymore.
                                  And as u already knew, the Super easier fishing mod is still too hard for me so.
                                  I would like to ask if you could tell me how to change the data to make it even easier :D xD

• HitmanNOS98

HitmanNOS98 Space Hobo

All I'm getting is trash. I haven't caught a single fish since I installed this mod. What did I do wrong?

• Xylia

Xylia Cosmos Killer

*points to the above post of mine with instructions on how to check to see if you renamed something badly*

Also, the mod on the front page here is probably out of date; the one I have was updated.

• Kimitsuki

Kimitsuki Space Hobo

I'm having an issue with this. I'm not able to catch two fish, the Void Salmon and the Slimejack. My game will crash every time I go to catch either of this fish.

Usually I wouldn't care that I can't catch two fish, but I need them to finish my fishing collection.

• Xylia

Xylia Cosmos Killer

The mod in this thread is outdated (it's for 1.0, and the two fish you mention were implemented in 1.1). What you want instead, is this one: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/easier-fishing-standalone-1-1.4226/

Just make sure you follow directions and/or turn off hide extensions if you're on Windows.