1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! We've announced our new game Wargroove, check out the new forums!
    Dismiss Notice

Easier Fishing (Standalone) (1.1) 1.1a

Easier Fishing Standalone

1. Xylia
    The Easier Fishing Mod, officially uploaded to the Mod Repository.

The original mod was created by @steffjes and is located here:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/easier-fishing.107819/

But it was never officially uploaded to the Mod Repo that I am aware of, so I'm uploading it (and also, the original creator has not been on the forums since July).

If there's any sort of problem with this, a moderator can remove the mod.

This version of the mod is updated for Stardew Valley 1.1.

This mod does not require any API tools, and is a stand-alone mod.

INSTRUCTIONS

1). Navigate to \Stardew Valley\Content\Data\
    2). Rename Fish.xnb to something like Fish_old.xnb or Fish_Backup.xnb or whatever.
    3). Download and open this .zip.
    4). Choose which .xnb file you want: easier_Fish.xnb or super_easier_Fish.xnb.
    5). Copy which file you want.
    6). Paste it into \Stardew Valley\Content\Data\
    7). Rename it to Fish.xnb. <--- VERY IMPORTANT, Your game will crash upon fishing otherwise.
    8). Enjoy!

This mod makes most fish significantly easier, but does not remove the fishing mini-game entirely. Some of the Legendary Fish might be mildly difficult still, but much more reasonable than vanilla.

The super easier version makes it much, much easier.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Markuzkiller
    Markuzkiller
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1a
    A very goood mod
  2. catfishbear
    catfishbear
    5/5,
    Thank you so much for fixing the crashing version ! I can finally get Master Angler :D
  3. NyappyCataz
    NyappyCataz
    5/5,
    This mod has helped me to enjoy fishing in Stardew Valley. Something I wanted to enjoy from the start, and was determined to keep doing so despite its difficulty level not being what I wanted. Thanks for providing this resource ^.^
  4. Pikawyer
    Pikawyer
    5/5,
    Just what I always wanted. °v°
  5. archi8ald
    archi8ald
    5/5,
    It is magnificent, thanks!
  6. BrokenMnemonic
    BrokenMnemonic
    5/5,
    I love Stardew Valley, but having played through the first couple of years several times, I just want to catch the fish quickly now so I can get on with the rest of the day, and this is great for that.
  7. Coffee~
    Coffee~
    5/5,
    Been a fan of doing fishing and neglecting my crops... Sooooo yeaah
  8. morgothpsilos
    morgothpsilos
    5/5,
    While I understand CA wanted fishing the rarest fish in the game to be a challenge (and I managed to catch them all with the default vanilla settings, mind you!), and I like the fishing mini-game, at this point in my playthrough I just want to catch the damned fish more easily! Thank you! :)
  9. FadedStardust
    FadedStardust
    5/5,
    Finally, now that I've found this mod I can actually fish in the game! It was way too frustrating before this.
  10. Pyromaneiac
    Pyromaneiac
    5/5,
    Awesome^^ The fishing in this game was so obnoxious.
    Now its fun again.