1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Draconis- The race of humanoid dragons 1.4

A mod that adds a race of playable half-dragons.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

@Notameme : Did you miss my earlier post about how to fix some of the things (the racial effects and clothes) not working right in the mod?

And it's still a .rar with a .zip filename, too.

EDIT: Actually, maybe the mod repo is broken or something, because this looks like the exact same version of the mod I already had. Weird. I'll try re-downloading.

EDIT2: Yup, it's the repo... you posted the update notes but the download is not actually updated. Fact is, it's missing the previous update too (the one that mentions the new respawn animations and crafting machine). The download is dated Feb 18th, but yet the previous update is dated Feb 24th.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  2. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

Hmm. Weird. Let me see if I can fix that.

3. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Nope, still Feb 18th. Did you remember to change the version number? Still says Version 1.01.

5. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

YAY! The download works.

Although it being a pak is kinda "eh", but ah well. Can't have everything.

Did you remove the Race Effects entirely? *blinks*

EDIT: Ah well no biggie it's easy to add back in. For everybody else who liked it, just copy/paste the stats folder before installing this mod and don't forget to add the statuseffect line in dragon.species as I outlined before in this thread.

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

WARNING:

This version breaks your existing characters. trying to find out why.

EDIT: Nope, that ain't the reason. Must be something else. Seeing lots of stuff about codex asset exceptions.
    EDIT2: Apparently, every single instance of "Dragon" was renamed "dragon" which is going to break a LOT of stuff for any characters made before this update. Looking for a character editor now.
    EDIT3: I think I figured it out, lemme test.
    EDIT4: I ALMOST have this fixed... stupid ship pet is still crashing, lol.
    EDIT5: It's not the pet.... it's the crewmembers on the ship. *sigh*

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

OKAY!

For those of you who have characters created before this newest version...............

Step 1: Find your .player file in \storage\player\ .
    Step 2: Make a copy of this file somewhere else in case something goes wrong.
    Step 3: Get Notepad++ if you don't already have it.
    Step 4: Go to Edit, and Find. Click the "Replace" tab.
    Step 5: Search for "Dragon", replace it with "dragon" for ALL instances. There should be 1,360 or so of them. (the program will tell you how many were found).
    Step 6: Save the file.
    Step 7: Download and install this mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/humanoid-dragon-fix.4590/

Basically, what the mod does, is add duplicate items for the Ship Doors, Ship Hatches, Boosters, Captain's Chair, etc with the uppercase "D".

If anything else is broken, let me know.

EDIT: @Notameme :

Code:
    [19:07:41.662] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/blocksmith/infomatrix.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'tungstenblock'
    Not sure what this was meant to be, just thought I'd let you know.

9. MatrixDan64

MatrixDan64 Intergalactic Tourist

How do I actually create a character with this mod? I can't find the icon.

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It's there, it's just blank. Just mouse over the icons. This is assuming you have a character creation extender installed?

If not, look for Kawa's xbawks extender.

11. AvalonArrival

AvalonArrival Void-Bound Voyager

Question: how does one become able to craft the flesh synthesizer? I cant seem to find out how to get it outside of admin mode.

12. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Going to test this with a new character, see how it works out this iteration. I really do like the aesthetics.

Heads up: I'm getting this error message:
    [12:08:31.223] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/blocksmith/infomatrix.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'tungstenblock'
    Tungsten blocks are actually called 'mediummetal', so that should be corrected at some point.

Also, the race is listed in the character menu as "dragon" when they used to be called "Draconian". I'm assuming this is another oversight. It's a very cool name, so there's no reason not to use it.

13. Wakaitsu

Wakaitsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Still get damaged from falling.

Aside from that... you know, dragon-like race having a name that literaly speaks "IT'S A FCKN DRAGON!!!"? That's lame, IMHO. They are NOT humans, they might never even see a human prior to the space age, their native languages shouldn't sound like human languages. So WHY THE HELL they need to call themselves DRAGONS??? Why not Gengiyo, for example? Why not "the reeh", why not "the hyrans" or any other meaningless (to human mind) stack of letters? The Na'Vi call themselves so because on their language it means "people". On THEIR language, not on the human one. The protoss call themselves on THEIR language. The Argonians and Kajiits don't have words "lizard" and "cat" in their race names.
    I know that's just my IMHO, but PLEASEOHPLEASE think about it

14. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

15. Mooncalf99

Good thing I was just due for a ship upgrade. The update made the ship a bit wonky, but upgrading put everything where it should.

16. Mooncalf99

Two things.

First, the block smith and the flesh synthesizer recipes don't seem to have any unlocks, so you never learn them. I've taken the liberty to add them to my copy of the mod, but it should be corrected properly here.

Second, is the "dragon outpost" (for want of a better name) supposed to be accessible to all races? I hope there will be some more thematic and roundabout way of getting there in the future, instead of just beaming there right off the bat. It's a cool place, though. Creepy, but cool.

17. Mooncalf99

Also, even after crafting the block smith, it doesn't have any blocks to craft.

Or maybe I'm rooting around where I shouldn't and these are things that are still being implemented. :)

18. Mooncalf99

Bit of an error on the T8 ship.

There's an invisible wall in one of the floor gaps (right underneath where my player is standing).
    upload_2017-3-23_14-51-45.png

19. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Invisible walls happen on ships when a ship was updated and you try to carry over a pre-existing character.

If this is a new character after the ship update, however, then disregard this.

20. Mooncalf99

The update did happen during this character's play, yeah. The ship was very messed up right after that, but when I got Pete to upgrade it, everything snapped back into place... or so I thought. Well, I can live with it.