1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Construction Squared 0.9.426

Build Stuff!

1. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

It should fix that, but honestly I've never tested it with structures that large. Could you upload them? I'm kind of interested if they would work too!

2. Fatal Glitch

Fatal Glitch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sure, they are uploading now, I will be back in around 30 min. The 2 large structures are a ship I made and a BIG maze, for the maze you have to place "Maze bottom left" first, then on the low right side make a 2x4 hole for the builder, then place so it builds "Maze bottom right", then do the same starting with "Maze top left" above the BL one, you will need a platform for the builder. Then place "Maze top right" and so on... I guess that the log file could not hold that many tiles so I guessed that (100-125)x(100-125) is the max size, so I "cropped" the maze.

Link to construction squared file (I didn't separate the individual ones, too lazy atm xD:https://mega.co.nz/#!1A1EUZ7R!fMMYlepfcirXAn6VbEu2jc2dbinYPkKTkMsaS0oOuOE
    Link to source for maze: http://www.xefer.com/maze-generator?odnllojlfoldmjdmjdmj

This version may not be the latest one of construction squared, so it may do odd things
    Thanks for the input, and again GREAT MOD!

3. Fatal Glitch

They are done uploading

4. Pentarctagon

Cool, I'll look into it. Also, I don't know which version you're using, but the last couple versions have had a menu option to "package" a single structure into a .zip archive.

5. Fatal Glitch

How did it work out for you? I just lost my homeworld to a .fail file error..... soooooooooooooooo ;L. This mod is helpful for rebuilding some of my structures I had on my homeworld, but unless someone can restore a .fail world file i'm stuck...

I downloaded the updated version, but I am going to wait to see if they still work until I can find a way to restore my homeworld

6. Pentarctagon

I've been in class, so I just started testing it out now (also it just takes a while to build). One thing I can say just from looking at it though, is that you should place background tiles everywhere even if they would be behind foreground tiles. It's a limitation of Starbound's Lua API dealing with restrictions on tile placement.

7. Fatal Glitch

Ok, thanks. (Homeworld still gone, ugh...). Also with the new version it tends to lag with that many tiles in the editor xD

8. Pentarctagon

Lag as in scrolling is delayed, or everything?

9. Fatal Glitch

When I loaded Maze Full, filled the whole background thru paint, waited 5-7min, then hit save, it started lagging. Then when I tried to save a backup copy through the same file it "saved" but would not re-open when I closed and relaunched the editor.

10. Pentarctagon

I'm not sure why that would happen only with the new version, but what might have happened is that it auto-saved (happens every 5 minutes) then you tried to save while it was auto-saving. Combined with how massive the structure is compared to everything else I've ever made and it might cause problems. It's definitely something I'll have to look into for the next update.

edit - also, if you start it with runjar.bat it'll show when saving/loading/deleting/etc starts and ends.

11. Fatal Glitch

Oh wow, did not know that. Thanks, that is a big help :D

12. Pentarctagon

No problem. I've never dealt with structures that took more than a few seconds to load, so having that info on display somewhere never really crossed my mind.

edit - also, as far as the giant maze goes, it was able to build itself 99% of the way once it had background tiles everywhere, but for some reason cut off at the top and didn't place some of the items. I haven't the slightest idea why it would do that, so I'm running it again to see if it reoccurs.

13. Pentarctagon

Also, I *think* the maze fully builds. It's a little difficult to tell with all the hidden stuff.

Edit - no wait, the structure fully builds but the objects are only being placed in the lowest ~3rd of it for some reason.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  14. Fatal Glitch

Could it be because chunks are unloading?

15. Pentarctagon

Perhaps, but if they were unloading then you'd think that the tiles shouldn't be able to be placed either.

16. Fatal Glitch

Good point, starbound needs these 2 things; Chunk loader and .fail world file restorer. xD

17. Pentarctagon

There is actually a chunkloader type thing, but as far as I can tell it's mostly untested and potentially unstable so... yeah.

18. Pentarctagon

Managed to get a screenshot of the whole thing via this:
    [​IMG]

One hell of a maze lol.

19. Fatal Glitch

Do you mind if I upload a final version of the maze? It does not have all those glitch trap doors xD. Also when it is clearing land, blocks with vines... are not destroyed. (also a suggestion for trees, if trees are on sand and the sand is broken the whole tree disappears, idk if you knew that).

20. Fatal Glitch

Also can 2 structures build at once?