Modding Help Changes to weapon modding between Angry Koala and Cheerful Giraffe?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by TheAltgunner, May 29, 2016.

1. TheAltgunner

TheAltgunner Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's been a very long time since I've modded for Starbound, and I'm wanting to update my outdated mod (The Railgunner Armory) to the most recent nightly build (I want to refocus it on more creative/"original-ish" weapons owing to a very sudden proliferation of "modern" weapon mods, but that's not actually topic-relevant). Trouble is, my understanding is that modding for newer SB builds is an entirely different animal - no pun intended - than it was starting out, and I have entirely no clue where to begin. The mod in question predates the modpak system, if that helps emphasize just how out of the loop I am.

2. FireFlyForLife

FireFlyForLife Aquatic Astronaut

This is probably a good place to start: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/modding-guides.34001/

There isn't much up to date documentation so your best bet is to take a look in the current assets of the game and look for similar behavior of weapons you want.
    Hope this helps you, let me know if you are stuck somewhere in particular.

3. Vilespring

Vilespring Subatomic Cosmonaut

The answer is, ignoring the active item, nothing much. A few commands seem to have no effect anymore, but are ignored if added. I'm not too sure about guns, but melee is the same at least.