1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated The Railgunner Armory v0.1.2 Angry Koala

Various contemporary human ballistic weapons, tiered, balanced, and craftable.

1. TheAltgunner
    Compatible with Tabula Rasa, but does not require it.

This mod adds some familiar human weapons to the game (no, they're not race restricted or anything), using SB's tiers to balance the weapons to others in the game. Furthermore, all of these weapons can be crafted (tier 1 at the anvil, all others at the metalworking station, even though you need steel to make any of them).

[​IMG]

The Automated Mounted M134 Minigun is complete and polished, and is ideal for mid-tier base defense. With v0.1.2, I added the M590A1 shotgun and the M82A1 sniper rifle, as well as the MP5K (which I forgot to mention in the readme or in the relevant update post). All of the weapons have been shortened, as per repeated requests by users who have playtested this mod.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    Dual-wielding an AK-74u and an MP5

[​IMG]
    Shooting a Tier 4 FN SCAR-H

[​IMG]
    Firing a Tier 5 Sturmgewehr 44

[​IMG]
    An example of the tiered crafting options

Recent Reviews

1. Hydralisk
    Hydralisk
    4/5,
    Version: Angry Koala
    I really like the guns , though like everyone else , I'd like them a bit smaller , but well done. Also , here's a question ; Do these guns work in multiplayer?
  2. JuggerXP
    JuggerXP
    5/5,
    Amazing! Now that's a real GUN!
  3. bumblebeeshorty
    bumblebeeshorty
    5/5,
    is is the best mods i tried dude nice creating and the gun model is just amezing nice job
  4. Minjul Wu
    Minjul Wu
    3/5,
    love it but have some problem
    I can shoot but there is no bullet out , so it can't hit enemy and my recipe don't have "composite" so I can't create weapons need "composite"
    Only me have this kind of problem ?
  5. Blind_Ichi
    Blind_Ichi
    5/5,
    Good work, waiting for new updates =) And just a little criticism - if you can scale weapon size down a little bit, it will be good.
  6. Damiano de' Caretti
    Damiano de' Caretti
    4/5,
    So far it looks good,maybe just reducing the sizes of the weapons...I wonder how to do modifications
  7. debugman18
    debugman18
    4/5,
    Does what it says it does. I think the weapons could maybe be scaled down a little bit, for aesthetics, but that doesn't really take away from their functionality.
  8. Stickman1
    Stickman1
    2/5,
    I give it only 2 Starts because: The art style dosn't match at all and you kept the names German(Like Sturmgewehr is just a name for that class of weapons, not the weapon it self, so it can be transalted) and because there isn't a big difference between the guns :/
    1. TheAltgunner
      Author's Response
      "Sturmgewehr 44" is the name of the weapon itself, not just the class of weapon (the name "assault rifle" derives from the gun's proper name). I am considering scaling down the weapons, though I will not simplify their shading or design unless I have no other choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StG_44

Prior to the naming of this weapon, such a weapon was considered either an automatic rifle (such as the M1918 BAR), or a "machine carbine" (the name for the earliest versions of the StG 44 - MKb 42). I kept the German name because the weapon is German, and "Storm Rifle 44" isn't immediately recognizable as the StG (not to mention it clashes with an unrelated fictional weapon called the Storm Rifle). While there were later weapons given the designation "Sturmgewehr" as a class name (the Austrian FN FAL was designated the StG 58, for example), the name attributed to the final variant of the MKb 42 is a proper noun, and isn't changing any time soon.

Finally, the guns aren't too much different because their rates of fire are taken from real-life values, and in the interests of gameplay balance, they simply cannot be terribly more powerful than the others (high ROF = low individual bullet damage). While an AK can be more powerful than an M16, this is because it sports a lower rate of fire (and in real life, comparable performance to, say, the 7.62x51mm NATO, assuming somewhat modern bullet core construction). If anything, two AK-74u guns are generally OP, as their stats are derive from the AK-74 (as opposed to the MP5's more balanced half of the M16A2's damage values).