1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[BUG] Screen Flickering

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Toepher, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Toepher

Toepher Space Hobo

There's been other posts about it but I've yet to see an answer that works. Everytime I click ingame the screen flickers andin the top left "not responding" flashes along with the flicker. The only solution that has worked has been to go and run the game in compatability mode, but this causes a huge drop in frame rate. Trying to get more vision on this bug, thanks!

2. zortbg

zortbg Cosmic Narwhal

3. Toepher

Toepher Space Hobo

It isn't an FPS issue. The issue is the screen flickering and the program itself flickering between running and not responding everytime there is a click. Thanks though

4. SamwiseKehoe

SamwiseKehoe Space Hobo

I've got the same issue, It only started about three or four days ago and before that I had never noticed it before despite havinf 40 hours on record. Did you ever get a fix?

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

This thread is damn near 2 years old... The OP hasnt been on since that last post...... Just... Why?

6. SamwiseKehoe

SamwiseKehoe Space Hobo

I'm desperate! Any chance of a fix that doesn't involve reformatting would be great.

7. gizzmosio

gizzmosio Space Hobo

This is a ways to fix it. I had the same problem with minecraft, etc.

8. Warlord3693

Warlord3693 Big Damn Hero

Uhm.... To anyone still having a problem with a horizontally flickering screen in Starbound, mostly in the bottom quarter,
    download the program fullscreenizer.exe... That fixed it for some reason.