1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed CURRENT WORK-AROUNDS (Try these if you're having issues!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gonna start posting temporary work-arounds for some currently known bugs/errors. These aren't guaranteed to work for you, but they're certainly worth a shot if you're having trouble running the game. :)

Low FPS on NVIDIA cards
    If you're having low fps on Nvidia cards, try setting "multicore optimization" to no/off in the Nvidia control panel.

Rendering/memory issues
    Some rendering/memory issues may be solved by replacing your "starbound.exe" file with "starbound_opengl.exe".
    To do this, you'll need to copy and paste the original "starbound.exe" into another folder to back it up, then rename "starbound_opengl.exe" to "starbound.exe" and try running the game.

Game hanging on logo screen
    We're working on this, but some players are finding that if they just wait it out, they are able eventually to pass the loading screen and get into the game. Try it out!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. mikehancoski

mikehancoski Void-Bound Voyager

NVIDIA card here game have some pretty slow FPS, I do not see "multicore opimization"
    I see
    Threaded optimization
    This is currently set to Auto should turn this on or off or do you mean I should toggle it ?

3. Hemnon

Hemnon Aquatic Astronaut

Hmmm. No success for me on the startup crash fix. Seems to coincide with the steam-overlay popup, if that's new information at all!

4. Mills

Mills Phantasmal Quasar

I'm sad to say none of these helped me. I am still stuck at the chucklefish screen.

5. KingKozuma

KingKozuma Tentacle Wrangler

It started again directly after my post about it working. Not sure what the problem is but still trying to find a work around.

6. Elishawna

Elishawna Space Hobo

Where do you find the Starbound directory?

7. MrSmity

MrSmity Master Chief

Seems like windows Xp users are completely unable to launch the game so far.

8. Hemnon

Hemnon Aquatic Astronaut

By default, you'll find it in: Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound
    The main .exe files are in that directory, but you might also try running the launcher.
    For the record, this hasn't yet worked for me either, but it's worth a shot!

9. lannonan

lannonan Orbital Explorer

Booo! I'm getting the exact same issue :(

10. LoSt Banshees

LoSt Banshees Tentacle Wrangler

Damnit

11. script flippa

script flippa Space Hobo

Same issue here

12. RealityGap

RealityGap Space Spelunker

Any low fps fix for AMD? I have very poor fps as well.

Baku Vicen, aule10, Octodad and 7 others like this.
  13. TozakiHashizawa

TozakiHashizawa Space Hobo

Yeah not helping my issue. Game crashes when I try to load a character and when I save and quit. I have low FPS. There is no starbound.exe file anywhere on my pc.

Ender26 and NewLuckFox like this.
  14. Jameion

Jameion Void-Bound Voyager

just wait

NhunterN likes this.
  15. IISethII

IISethII Space Spelunker

The rendering/Memory issue work around is causing access violation errors for me. I have gone back to the orginal exe's. Mollygos is there any work arounds for the access violation errors. Ive seen people in the forum having problems with it aswell, i dont think these guys have even done the renaming.

16. murdog

murdog Orbital Explorer

there is place with all xp people talking and posting there pc specks here http://community.playstarbound.com/...ser-crashing-at-chucklefish-logo.34593/page-9 if your on xp and all u get a fish laughing at u go tere

and to find your .exe and folder for starbound right click your game in your steam library go to properties the tab at the top that says local files then click brows local files and the folder with all its contents will open up with the log and the exe in there

17. Tmonster

Tmonster Phantasmal Quasar

What about Intel hd graphics? can i play it on that?

18. Nacyle

Nacyle Orbital Explorer

what about those with opengl with less than 2.0?

19. KingKozuma

KingKozuma Tentacle Wrangler

Is anyone experiencing difficulty with the launcher not responding after pressing "Launch Starbound" button?

20. Nacyle

Nacyle Orbital Explorer

I just close the launcher after clicking launch starbound. after that is when my problem begins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.