1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Base In A Box 2.0.12

Deploy instant base modules from placeable objects.

1. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ok i've tried , first time i get a huge lag (good sign) mob was stuck in place and others so i've wait , after lag finished i didnt get the box , and others try after that didnt do anything , i've try place Duplicator instead of Scanner but same thing (+some furniture droped in the floor in the area).

I think its a too big building (underground glitch castle).

2. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

Furniture dropping but not blocks sounds like there's a shield protecting it.

3. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

It was only some of them (i mean a door droped but not the door next it) , also i didnt see protected DG since many update , and i'm sure in this one it didnt protect (zoom x1 + fullbright + phase mod (no clip) ). also a little area of block was vanished (top right corner).

bottom-left
    [​IMG]

top-right
    [​IMG]

4. Pilchenstein

Yeah, I have no idea what's causing that to wig out unless there's an error in your log file. It's entirely possible that the game is just unloading some of the chunks involved.

5. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Yes it's maybe that , i should try with takig it multiple part maybe , later ^^

6. JuggerXP

JuggerXP Void-Bound Voyager

Nice mod!
    But I seem to be running into a problem at the moment.
    My game has a CTD right after the ChuckleFish intro. And the Steam Community message in the bottom of the screen does not show up.
    I have the same problem with GardenBot 2.1 Rebooted mod. I don't really know how to fix that/
    I humbly ask for help.

7. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

You may have mod in conflit with them , did you try with only gardenbot mod , then only with base in a box mod ?

Also this is my castle in a box :
    [​IMG]

8. JuggerXP

JuggerXP Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded the mods and installed them once again. The problem was, fortunately, resolved)
    Thank you for your quick reply! :p

9. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Np ^^ glad to help.

Pilchenstein likes this.
  10. Pilchenstein

For future reference, the "crashing after Chucklefish logo" error is usually a missing mod dependency.

11. Pilchenstein

12. MasterChaos

MasterChaos Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh yeah. You wanna know why that is? Sorry to get really harsh and blunt here, I can be a really nice guy usually, honest. In fact the prospect of all this is awesome, it really is. You did great work as a modder.

But do you want to know why there is a missing mod dependency for so many people? BECAUSE YOU DON'T MENTION IT ANYWHERE ON THE OVERVIEW. THE ONLY REFERENCE YOU MAKE TO IT IS WITH A FEW CONFUSING UNSPECIFIC/VAGUE MENTIONS AND IN THE INSTALLATION SECTION WHERE YOU MAKE MENTION OF A "modules-in-a-box/" FOLDER BUT DON'T EXPLAIN WHERE IT COMES FROM. IT'S MOST CERTAINLY NOT INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD, IT MOST CERTAINLY ISN'T MENTIONED ON THE OVERVIEW THAT IT'S A MOD DEPENDENCY NOR THAT IT IS DOWNLOADED ELSEWHERE WITH A LINK TO IT. OH NO, YOU JUST EXPECT PEOPLE TO MAGICALLY FUCKING KNOW WHAT THE FUCK. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO STATE ON THE OVERVIEW ANY AND ALL MOD REQUIREMENTS. NOT EXPECT PEOPLE TO JUST MAGICALLY DISCOVER SHIT ON THEIR OWN.

Not to mention. While it is a personal choice. I don't see why you haven't also uploaded the mod dependency here? Some people have serious issues with the workshop. I may use steam but it's designed by some corrupt ass people and there have been cases, particularly with the workshop, where game makers get fucked over by Gabe. So some of us try to use and support the thing as little as possible, since we are forced to use it in most situations in the first place and would rather not fuck with the thing AT ALL. Hell if you decided to also put the mod dependency here, it wouldn't even have to be 2 seperate mod pages or 2 seperate files. You could include both mod folders in the same RAR.

Now you may have your personal reasons for doing it this way. Whatever. If you refuse to upload the mod dependency here AT LEAST make proper mention of it here on the Mod Repository on the overview of the very fucking mod that requires it in the first place. Also if you refuse to upload the dependecy here, then I'm just personally not going to use this mod at all. Because I have a strict NO WORKSHOP policy that I'm not going to break. Not saying that to act entitled or anything, I'm not entitled to use your mod. I'm just letting you know.

Peace Peace

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  13. Pilchenstein

14. Pilchenstein

While I appreciate your angry young internet man with a side of paranoia about Steam act (it is always a pleasure, I assure you), it'll thrill you to learn that I included the "modules-in-a-box" folder in every single version of the mod I've uploaded here (so it was actually in the download when that earlier guy had trouble) until saturday, when Anita Sarkeesian, Gaben and Obama made me take it out to comply with Agenda 21 I forgot.

I've reuploaded it with the folder included (or is it actually a trojan that installs $team on your system? Muahahaha) and I suggest you do your bloody homework next time smart guy.

Peace peace

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  15. MasterChaos

Pfft. Sorry but I only speak from facts. Just look at the whole Bethesda/Fallout 4 situation for a specific example. Just in general plenty of game makers have come outright and spoke out about the corruption on Valve's side of things. I mean even before Steam was a thing. We had the fact that Valve bluntly avoided making sequels they were supposed to. Without Half-Life 3 the entire series is basically incomplete. But Gabe kept bluntly telling us "Yes Half-Life 3 IS coming". People flip out when games have a few pieces of missing game content. But to have an entire 1/3 of a trilogy thrown out the window? I'm not paranoid. Nor am I saying steam is pure shit. It works, it has loads of great deals. Just because it's not a complete scam doesn't mean it's in the moral and ethical clear man.

Hell your choices of people you group together there is quite interesting. Because you're defending Gaben, so is that also implying you support Anita Sarkesian even though she's more than factually been proven to be full of nothing but lies and bullshit? Not to mention that the whole Gamer Gate shit is just bullshit anyways when artistic expression trumps individual preference? That is to say if dudes want to make sexual stuff because that's their own sexual expression, within the art, it's not sexism no matter how much it's in abudance? Then you got Obama there. Which, he's actually an alright dude. Did some good for the country. So again, weird name to drop alongside the other 2. The worst thing he did was not sign against the NDAA act. Which is kinda fucked up but it's not like him signing against it really would've stopped it with how much support it got anyways. He was a tool but not... well you know... G Bush or D Trump.

Plus your whole response is basically nothing but pure fallacy. You throw an ad hominem, then throw a red herring and a straw man. Maybe I jumped the gun, but this was the first time I saw this mod. Not including a mod dependency quite intentionally is actually something that, happens a lot, as far as the modding community is concerned. Why would I have reason to think your older files had it? I could have checked but it's just not the most likely scenario about these parts. Also if anything, why would I jump to assume that you FORGOT? Wouldn't that be a worse reflection of your character? To just assume you fucked up somehow?

I got angry. But it was because from my perspective it was a bit of righteous anger. I wasn't trying to mindlessly slander you.

(Also lol, I already have steam? That should be obvious if you actually listened to anything I said. So you'd be doing ultimately nothing anyways even if it wasn't a joke.)

16. Pilchenstein

I don't know if this is your first time making assumptions but you're not very good at it and should probably stop.

17. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

But now we know... YOU'RE ONE OF THEM. It is too late. You've been exposed.

/see you at the pre-op jade helm cookout

Pilchenstein likes this.
  18. MasterChaos

So you're saying it would've been better to assume you fucked up VS made an intentional choice? If anything you could see how I was being somewhat respectful in how I handled what I was saying. That it wasn't about me and what I wanted, that you have every right to control your own mod.

I mean shit. I wasn't the one trying to dictate to you about Steam. I was stating my own individual choice, and what my motive was based on facts. You're the one who tried arguing against my reasons for my choice directly. Like seriously just accept the reality, if you want to use steam and the workshop so bad then it won't stop you from doing so. Either way I was being relatively respectful given the situation compared to you. You were just disrespectful on all accounts.

Even changing my posts to insulting emotes. Talk about childish.

19. MasterChaos

Hey you. Stop that. You're doing the straw man fallacy thing.

20. Pilchenstein

Yeah, it's mystifying why I wouldn't be respectful to someone who charges in here bordering on self-parody and going off half-cocked, then when he realises his mistake tries to draw me into an argument about the definition of "half" and "cocked" instead of admitting he was wrong.