1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

oh ok THX

2. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

hi there's a bit of a bug where I cant craft fabric at a yarn spinner I have tried re installing star bound and removed every mod except this on and lots of other tests but I am CERTAIN its this mod please fix it as its kind of hard to make a bug net without fabric

3. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks this should save loads of time while I test the ships!

4. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

A thought concerning ship design and upgrading...

Note how the cockpit lacks windows. With their augmented reality systems probably providing a much better view than windows ever would, and, well, the Avali seeming a bit more objective about things like this, I could see them going for a ship design that actually has the cockpit in the center of the ship. Where, say, a stray asteroid wouldn't take out the pilot and the controls for the ship. :p So maybe, as the ship is upgraded, new rooms could appear above, below, and in front of the cockpit? Just an idea.

This post was made at 4:17 AM, I'm tired and dealing with a faulty router, please forgive my ramblings. :p

Unholytrinity and Christovski like this.
  5. Unholytrinity

Unholytrinity Void-Bound Voyager

cool, I had an idea about making the ship more streamlined than the other ships... teir 5 could be a more stable looking floran teir 5 room design, teir 6 could have a big double height room behind further, then maybe a normale room above that... and then for teir 7 there could be another double hight room further behind but a bit higher so the top meets the room above the first double hight room, and maybe a glass observation dome beneath that, teir 7 would double the length of the last double room, making is a 2X2 height/width room, and maybe an extension to the glass dome :D

...this is only helpful if your good at visualising :rofl:

6. myomi13

myomi13 Pangalactic Porcupine

Just make sure you overwrite the files in the Avali ship folder with the Andromeda files. That means replacing the part every file name in the Andromeda mod's folder that says human with avian. And then opening the blockkey.config and replacing every instance of human with avian as well sans the starter treasure line where you change it to" avalistartertreasure"

7. theminemanner2

theminemanner2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't get the mod to work, do i need the dye mod installed for it to work right?

8. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

No.

I'm pretty sure it isn't required at all.

9. theminemanner2

do i pick avali race in character creation? or how do i do it?

10. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

You need a race extender mod.

theminemanner2 likes this.
  11. theminemanner2

Thanks do you know of any good ones?

12. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

theminemanner2 likes this.
  13. theminemanner2

14. sid3aff3ct

sid3aff3ct Void-Bound Voyager

Not that it's a big thing, but when you are holding something your arm detaches from your body and it looks a little funny. Not that there might be anything to fix it, just wanted to point it out.

Attached Files:

15. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

That looks painful...
    Once I finish the ship tiers I might look into it, but that is going to be pretty low on my "to-do" list. I'm not even sure if I can fix it either.

16. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I'll look into this, you're the first to mention it. AFAIK the mod doesn't change any of the default recipes so I'm thinking you might need to reinstall Starbound as a whole.

Edit: The only thing I could think of that would mess that up is the .species file, but it doesn't mention anything about ANY recipes except the avali armors.
    Edit 2: Just checked ingame and wow there's a lot missing from the wheel. Update coming soon.
    Edit 3: Looked into the default game's species files and there isn't anything regarding fabric in there, which tells me the spinning wheel doesn't call from the species file.
    Edit 4: Playing as a human, the Fabric recipe is also missing. I am honestly not sure what is going on here.

Ouch. I haven't noticed that on any of my characters, but I HAVE noticed that as you cycle through colors on the character creation, some parts move a pixel or so relative to the other parts. I'm not sure why this happens, though, so I wouldn't know how to go about fixing it, but I believe this may be the cause of that issue, where that color makes the arm move enough to detach like that.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  17. theminemanner2

I also found a glitch, it's not really game breaking or serious, the glitch is that the mushroom village guards will use the floran dialogue, and to be honest, i don't like being asked by a guy with a sword if i'm "edible."

18. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I'll see what I can do. For now, call it a translation error, the Agaran canonically use a dialect that translators find difficult to pick up.

Also:

Unofficial Avali update 1.03

Changes:
    *Fixed tilling Aeroponics causing a crash (This happened because Starbound no longer likes to place overlays (eg., the tilled look) onto paintable tiles (eg., the Aeroponics tubes.))
    Break all aeroponics tubes prior to updating! This will hopefully prevent issues. (As long as the broken tubes stack with frehly crafted ones you should be fine)
    + Added in partial dungeons. This is as far as I could manage to get them. If anyone else can help get them further, you're more than welcome to PM me.
    The dungeons will not spawn by default, I'm only including the files so anyone who is able to help can. If you're able to help, you likely already know enough about the modding system to write a small 'force this dungeon to spawn' mod.

Remember to remove the previous installation before updating!
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23659259/Modpacks/Avali/Unofficial avali 1.03.zip

sid3aff3ct likes this.
  19. thecake64

thecake64 Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, who would want a ship that could take off and land on planets AND travel between star systems?? I mean really!

20. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Would adding something like:
    },
    "shroom" : {
    "default" : [
    "<insert speech here>.",
    "<insert speech here>.",
    "<insert speech here>.",
    "<insert speech here>.",
    "<insert speech here>.",
    "<insert speech here>.",
    "<insert speech here>.",
    "<insert speech here>?"
    ],

To the villageguard.npctype.patch file possibly fix this?
    This is just a guess, so I'm not even sure if it will work, considering the "shroom" isn't even in the original villageguard.npctype.

Maybe it has something to do with shroomguard.npctype and shroommerchant.npctype located in the assests in the npc folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.