1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Thx Mackinz! ^^

Reginleif likes this.
  2. Mrmii21

Mrmii21 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, that's what I was going to try. I'll report back once I install it correctly.

Edit: Yeah, looks like that was the problem.

Mackinz likes this.
  3. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

so yeah, the latest version still gives me graphene errors. But very easy fix, as I posted earlier.
    Quite possible that the aerogel thingy can be fixed similarly.
    edit: whoops, didn't see the very latest version, popped up just as I typed. I'll try it out, thanks!

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Like I said, it will probably not work with FU until sayter puts out another update which will include the necessary changes. You could make it work by removing graphene from either mod, for now.

5. carriontrooper

why remove when you can just rename it a bit? So no worries, just search for graphene in the avali mod, rename it to avaligraphene - works for now.

6. Mackinz

Yes, but then you'd have to rename all mentions of graphene in the base Avali mod to "avaligraphene", and that will prove to be a PITA. It's far simpler to have people who run both to delete one or two files than it is to do all that.

And this is just until sayter puts out the next update to FU, which should fix the issues regardless.

7. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

What is FU btw? I am curious..

8. carriontrooper

what PITA? There's only like, a few files that has graphene on it. Not so PITA if you have search with file contents on (although admittedly, win 7+ search functions are a bit janky).
    Here's the list of files that has graphene in it (I checked manually):
    items>generic>crafting, graphene.item
    recipes>crafting>lathe>A Armor>suits, avaliarmor2pants and avaliarmor3pants
    recipes>crafting>lathe>B Objects, avaliterminal 1, 2, 3
    recipes>crafting>lathe>C Tiles, avalichits, avalihexagons, paneling, techpanel, avalitiles
    recipes>crafting>lathe>D Feedstocks, both files
    recipes>crafting>loom>B Furniture, both hammocks
    recipes>crafting>loom>E Tiles, big pole and canvas
    recipes>crafting>loom>F Feedstocks, graphene

So yeah, not that many compared to the rest of the mod.

9. GROVER CURES HOUSES

GROVER CURES HOUSES Void-Bound Voyager

>not grepping

this casul

10. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

LOL regular expressions

11. Mackinz

FU is Frackin' Universe, PITA is pain in the ass, and I still don't see why it's important for Avali graphene and Frackin' Universe graphene to be different from one another. If there is only one graphene, then recipes from both mods will use the same graphene instead of two different but supposedly-the-same graphene.

Seriously, just delete one of the mods graphene files. >.>

12. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

Is the way to acquire graphene different in each mod? Because if so, then having only one graphene be interchangeable is essentially just adding a progression/material exploit.

"I'm supposed to do this to get this item, but I can get i much easier now because it's using it from this other mod! :DD"

13. Mrmii21

Mrmii21 Pangalactic Porcupine

That wouldn't be that great for compatibility reasons.
    That would mean one mod is required for the other to work, and I wouldn't want that.

14. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

That too! Requiring to modify another mod just to be able to play yours is kiinnd of a silly choice to make in regards of keeping a mod working.

Especially considering the fact that I don't see why running a quick search-and-replace wouldn't fix the issue in a couple minutes :p

15. GROVER CURES HOUSES

GROVER CURES HOUSES Void-Bound Voyager

Unless SB decides to grace us with a sane mechanism for dealing with these issues, the most likely solution will be everyone referencing a tiny .modpak with basic material definitions in it. Alternatively, the TES route where mods will simply refuse to cooperate without an external tool like wbash or whatever the cool kids are using these days.

16. QuasiCon

QuasiCon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But you can still play each mod separately? So no, you could have either or, just delete one of the files like Mackinz said. I simply deleted the Avali graphene file because I had already been running FU for quite some time, and that was before anyone had mentioned the solution.

Frackin' Universe is basically a Starbound Expansion in it of itself, loads of new biomes, plants, armor, weapons, recipes for potions and such from the new plants, pretty much anything you could think of the expand Starbound past the first few tiers and the make the earlier ones flow better. You can craft

17. BountyXSnipe

BountyXSnipe Void-Bound Voyager

Wow. It seems that Avalis are moving on?
    @RyuujinZERO how could you get hostile messages from people? I respect your decision as I think Avalis can be more than just Starbound itself. What are your thoughts if Avalis were to have their own game? If they weren't to have their own game, what features from a platform/game in particular are you interested in bringing out the most from Avalis?

18. austinlb90

austinlb90 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

starbound alert system i hate you.Why wasn't i alerted to this?

sid3aff3ct likes this.
  19. Mackinz

Because you didn't click on the last alert from the Avali thread, of course.

Also, use this version.

20. austinlb90

austinlb90 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it didn't give me the alert. i haven't got an alert from this thread in a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.