1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

And almost instantly, my brain dragged out this old memory.

Shaadaris likes this.
  2. Csonic6

Csonic6 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi Ryuujin how's it going?

3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

This is pretty off-topic, but relevant to anyone who enjoys their immersive space games.

Star Citizen has an open week!

This week only you can log in an mess with the "arena commander" module (basic the in-universe training flight sim), and get some hands on with the gameplay and flight mechanics that is usually only reserved for the project backers. The game is in very early alpha, nowhere near complete, the final game will basically be EVE 2, in first person for those who're unfamiliar. Anyway just thought folks who like the Avali for depth and space stuff might appreciate a chance to mess about with such an immersive and well designed space sim.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  4. Revaer

Revaer Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe I'll try that later then.

EDIT: Both the "Waveform" and the game. >_<;

5. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I'm not really sure that a re-implementation and sprucing up of the engine of a 13 year old game counts as being "released in the last 5 years" or has a better physics engine (Morrowind was very moddable, but it had an AWFUL collisions-detection engine and was very limited with what/ how much you could apply physics effects to, at least by current standards), but w.e...

6. Shadow Gamer

Shadow Gamer Void-Bound Voyager

Now that the Avali mod works, I'm going to play the shit outta starbound.

7. Mrmii21

Mrmii21 Pangalactic Porcupine

Heyyo I found a bug
    Attempting to sleep in the hammock crashes the game without an error message
    The end of the console looks like this:

Code:
    [18:30:50.401] Error: Exception caught in client main-loop: (VariantException) No such key in Variant::get("stat")
      VariantException::VariantException(string)
      Variant::get(String)
      Variant::getString(String)
      variantToStatModifier(Variant)
      variantToPersistentStatusEffect(Variant)
      LoungeableObject::loungeStatusEffects()
      Player::tickMaster()
      _Function_handler<void (shared_ptr<Entity>), WorldClient::update()::{lambda(shared_ptr<Entity>)#3}>::(_Any_data, shared_ptr<Entity>)
      EntityMap::forAllEntities(function<void (shared_ptr<Entity>)>)
      WorldClient::update()
      UniverseClient::update()
      ClientApplication::updateRunning()
      ClientApplication::update()
      StarApplicationBase::run()
      _SDL_main
      _console_main

[18:30:50.459] Info: UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...
    [18:30:50.476] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [18:30:50.478] Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Nahuli' <1> (Fifo <0x22049b00>) disconnected
    [18:30:50.523] Info: NetSocket read loop shut down: (FifoClosedException) Fifo::read called on closed Fifo
    [18:30:50.525] Info: NetSocket read loop shut down: (FifoClosedException) Fifo::read called on closed Fifo
    [18:30:51.506] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [18:30:51.507] Info: Application quitting!
    [18:30:51.507] Info: Client shutdown gracefully
    [18:30:51.836] Info: Shutting down Star::Root

8. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

...ffffffff...

Okay, let me look into that.[DOUBLEPOST=1426028416][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, I'm looking at the file with a mac that won't let me edit it, and I think I might know what the problem is. Any fix I provide will have to wait four hours, though I think this issue can be easily remedied with a quick copy-paste from the coding of another "loungeable" type object like the Wooden Bed. Specifically, the statusEffects area should be replaced.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  9. Kilo

Kilo Pangalactic Porcupine

Just thought I'd let you know, I'm getting a crash on startup with your patched version. Still selectively killing off other mods to see if they might be the cause, but as for now, I'm getting

(StarException) An error occurred during loading: (ItemException)
    Duplicate item name 'graphene' found
    ClientApplication:: postSplashInitialization()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Seeing if maybe it's arguing with FrackinUniverse, It's the only other mod I have installed at the moment now. I'll post an update if it's a compatibility issue. (although I don't think it would be, I don't think any other mod actually uses graphene as a material name.)

Update: Yeah, Incompatible with FrackinUniverse, seems to be cloning graphene. Not sure why. Works fine now with it removed.

10. Mackinz

I know why.

*sigh*

Another fix to do when I get to a workable computer.

11. Kilo

Kilo Pangalactic Porcupine

Eh, Troubleshooting is half of the fun sometimes. Sometimes. Until you find that guy who can break any code in 30 seconds or less because he's always the one who can find "that one spot" where the code doesn't apply. Then those are nightmares.

12. GROVER CURES HOUSES

GROVER CURES HOUSES Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah man it's not new, it can read 15 year old assets! I'm /r/games IRL, AMA

13. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

graphene conflict can easily be fixed, just change all instances of graphene in the avali mod into avaligraphene.

14. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

Suddenly feature proposal to make namespaces a thing

15. GROVER CURES HOUSES

GROVER CURES HOUSES Void-Bound Voyager

The solution is kind of already there in the nightlies, but like anything pertaining to json and sb, it's crude as fuck.

e: json more than sb, I guess.

16. Mackinz

Okay, I fixed the issue with the hammock (also with a chair) and I think I have fixed the issue with Frackin' Universe (at least, it should be fixed after an update of FU). I think it should be fine if the file folders are the same, so the files will just overwrite. Could be wrong, but I'll fix it later if so.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-d_0WxqHTFNVlzOWNmTXJtM3M/view?usp=sharing

17. fogwip

fogwip Void-Bound Voyager

there seems to be an issue where trying to sleep on the cushions crashes the game, too, would the hammock fix make that better as well?

18. Mrmii21

Mrmii21 Pangalactic Porcupine

New error, this time it's on startup
    Code:
    [07:49:41.676] Error: Exception raised during Root finishLoad: (ItemException) Duplicate item name 'aerogel' found
      ItemException::ItemException(string)
      ItemDatabase::addItemSet(ItemDatabase::ItemType, String)
      ItemDatabase::scanItems()
      ItemDatabase::ItemDatabase()
      Root::itemDatabase()
      _Function_handler<void (), SwallowReturn<_Bind<_Mem_fn<shared_ptr<ItemDatabase> (Root::*)()> (Root*)> > >::(_Any_data)
      _Function_handler<void (), WorkerPool::addWork(function<void ()>)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      WorkerPool::WorkerThread::run()
      ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
      BaseThreadInitThunk
      RtlInitializeExceptionChain
      RtlInitializeExceptionChain

[07:49:41.677] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [07:49:41.766] Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    [07:49:43.088] Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (StarException) An error occurred during loading: (ItemException) Duplicate item name 'aerogel' found
      ClientApplication::postSplashInitialization()
      _SDL_main
      _console_main
    I may have installed it wrong. Let me reinstall it. I'll run SB again to test when I get home froms school.

19. Mackinz

Did you download the latest version? I fixed that.
    Considering I didn't touch aerogel, that is really weird. Make sure you delete your old files before installing an update.

20. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Just tried the latest update, so far so good!
    Nice job updating Mackinz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.