31st august progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Legris, Aug 31, 2013.

1. nolan1024

nolan1024 Subatomic Cosmonaut

pretty nice update guys thanks :cool:

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

Give them a lion! Birches love lions!

Uhmm yeah. anyways! I'd say this'd be the update for the 30th.. 31st is still way too young to know what will be done ;)

heh.. Random idea for post release: ability to get lost during spacetravel. to end up at another planet then you intended, Like some pirate island that can only be found by those who are not looking for it. Might throw this in at the suggestions after i think it over a bit more. Like the white hallway with the doors in the Matrix, a place you shouldnt be able to come, but somehow some people manage it anyway.

3. GermoDante

GermoDante Void-Bound Voyager

I need this game now!

4. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

The array of different trees this game has is incredible, and that's just ONE feature. It's so hard to comprehend on how different each of the bazillion planets are going to differ from each other.. My minds boggled just thinking about it! Great update guys, keep up the great work!

AdenSword, tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  5. Hello83

Hello83 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is somewhat irrelevant, but I woke up, looked at my watch, and flipped the f*** out because I thought it said FR (friday) and I was late for school.

6. Gears

Gears Contact!

It's only for attention hogs, honestly.

Seriously. Don't use coloured font. It makes you look like an attention whore.

Pingeh and Axe Garian like this.
  7. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

But it's really useful for getting a point across or having an important question answered :p

Gears, AdenSword and tassina like this.
  8. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There is not enough options available to me to express how awesome it is that you linked that interview. That clears up sooooo much about where they are right now. Thank you, marchello, truly do appreciate it. :love::iswydt:

AdenSword, tassina, Miles and 4 others like this.
  9. darkparadise

darkparadise Big Damn Hero

a "bookmark" or "tagging" planets would be a nice feature to see...

tassina, GrumpyMcfart and Axe Garian like this.
  10. darkparadise

darkparadise Big Damn Hero

Dont worry about the Stupid Roadmap. the More the have to manually update that is work time that is not being used to work on the game. And why would you want that?

Edit: i Apologize if i seem abrupt, but I tire of seeing people asking For the roadmap and for beta release. The devs are doing what is best for the game. If a beta is released to early it can literally destroy peoples perspective of the game, which will hurt sales, which will hurt the game in the long run.

AdenSword, Miles and Axe Garian like this.
  11. jcklsldr

jcklsldr Void-Bound Voyager

I have a question...What if, by accident, two separate people actually randomly landed on the same planet coordinates. Would they encounter one another? Or if one visited previously, would their actions on the world (bases, mining, terrain deformation) be persistent? Or are the worlds randomized seeds with a modifier for each player that has to be added to join that SPECIFIC altered world?

12. Billobob

Billobob Orbital Explorer

Am I the only one wondering what the pretty blue stuff in the ground is? Is that a cool ore? and the other thing on the ground, looks like some kind of item... The trees look great! now maybe add some scrub brush..

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  13. Arcstone

Arcstone Void-Bound Voyager

There are three birds inside that tree.

I do believe I will call these trees Avian prison in my logbook.
    If I may be so bold, I would like to make a request that felling one of these trees will have a low chance of releasing one or more confused and deeply traumatized birds.

Attached Files:

14. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I feel like a thread like that should be one of the first things you see in the Beta Support, or atleast a helpful link given by someone.

Anyways, I love the biome that's there. Gives me memories of a game I used to play like that :p

15. SerinityFyre

SerinityFyre Subatomic Cosmonaut

Good question. I've wondering the same myself. Is the universe the same for all players, but a blank slate for each individual? Or is there some type of sync across all players.

As I type that though, it seems like universal synchronization wouldn't really seem reasonable unless they had a persistent database constantly updating all player actions across all games...

16. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

Short, but sweet! Amoena! :love:

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love the screenshot : D

18. Eoghanpm2

Eoghanpm2 Star Wrangler

Thanks for the update :). I'm really digging the trees in that screenshot. Really nice to hear things are moving a good pace for the developers. Couldn't ask for anything more.

19. backeby

backeby Big Damn Hero

It's the same blank slate for everyone. However, if you and the other player was playing on the same server, then you would end up with the same blank slate. And your combined actions would save for that server. Not for any other server.

20. Blee

Blee Void-Bound Voyager

im going to love this game

Axe Garian likes this.