Omni Reply to Community Questions

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Bloodcloud, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Bloodcloud

Bloodcloud Orbital Explorer

For the few people that were not keeping track of the 87 page discussion about Starbounds development, and the questions that were raised, Omni has answered many of the questions:

Akur, harnackam, NixeonLow and 44 others like this.
  2. Blue

Blue Former Staff

For anyone who wants to see the source post for what is referenced by the OP, here.

I also made the text in the OP a bit easier to read by making it a brighter color than it was.

3. Miss Andry

Miss Andry Cosmic Narwhal

Only 3 tiers expected for beta huh? I wonder if that means its actually going to be soon

I keep thinking its gonna be next month every month though.

4. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

Blue, you rock man. Thanks for bringing those questions to Tiy's attention

5. Miss Andry

I keep wanting to edit my posts, but its been broken for like a week now. Is anyone else having this problem?

now I forgot what I was gonna edit and say

6. That's because it was a single word (sound, really) that contributed nothing.

Axe Garian, Eriktion, Nohar and 4 others like this.
  7. Sremaj

Sremaj Phantasmal Quasar

The same could be said about half the things posted on these forums.

Johan, GrumpyMcfart and Silverforte like this.
  8. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

Glad to get this out of the way. And things are actually better than I thought.

Seems to only work if click the "More Options" to go into advanced edit mode. It's been that way since I joined the forum (<2 weeks ago, mind you)

Can't we all just get along...

9. Miss Andry

Oh, I see, that does work. Thanks for lettin me know.

10. It's a Firefox-specific issue. Should be fixed whenever the forums are upgraded.

11. wraithbone

wraithbone Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice to see there is a more tangible beta goal than just..."uhh...when its done."

12. Kroghammer

Kroghammer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for reposting this, I wouldn't have read through that 89 page thread and would have missed a lot of great information.

The answer to number 16 really made me sad though. Sometimes I wonder if suggestions were worth it for how much time put in.

13. Blue

Blue Former Staff

Don't let it discourage you. Most suggestions are likely to be looked at as post release additions. Doesn't mean they won't every get used.

14. imrevned

imrevned Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If beta were to have a lot of the tiers, or even 10, what content difference would there really be between beta and full release?

15. sankto

sankto Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm sure the suggestion page shall be more worth it when the game will be actually 'released' and not in beta.
    Meanwhile, it's good to flesh out our suggestions.

WoxandWarf and Shippo like this.
  16. I can definitely relate to #4, animation-wise. Also #16, Novakids!

You should report those then if you really think it contributes nothing.

17. Blue

Blue Former Staff

From where I stand on that 'hmmmmm' post, I just didn't feel you could tell if it was a good hmmmm. and bad hmmmm or a hmmmm to prepare your throat to break out in song. Don't forget to declare somehow what you are implying in your statments. Otherwise, it just makes people wonder what you are trying to convey.

It's likely "Hmmmmm, I like this indeed." would not have been deleted.

18. Miss Andry

I don't think you understood me

i didn't say it was a bad thing

19. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Just as an idea, OP. Maybe we should grab the original posts.. cut and past into his.. and sticky. That or sticky Omnis reply. Just.. generally toss it somewhere it wont get lost.
    A -lot- of those questions seem to be reoccurring and maybe if this doesn't gets buried would help keep things clear.

Davosalm and Axe Garian like this.
  20. imrevned

imrevned Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"Only 3 tiers expected for beta huh?" came across as disappointed/surprised.

Sorry :p