1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated 2D Fighter Mod - Way of the Warrior 1.1e

Use fighting game moves!

1. SuperMandrew

SuperMandrew Cosmic Narwhal

I'm glad you like it sir! Which sprites are you curious about? The way the game reads sprites currently is in spritesheet form, and it will divide up each frame evenly and display them at even times, so you may have to get tricky with them as I did in a few cases (for instance, holding the pose on the super hadouken). Creature sprites are a bit more difficult/different, but you can check out some mods that have custom parts for creature generation that should help you out some! :)

2. etherealblade

etherealblade Phantasmal Quasar

You know for the one of the shows I listed above? SAO? I have an idea for an expansion to this mod. Sword fighting techniques......Includes sprites for the starburst stream I mentioned in above post.

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE...o_sprite_sheet__sao__by_barbatoss-d60fczk.jpg

Author gave permission to use as long as he gets credited....easy since the credits are at the top of the sheet.
    Please guide me. I'm not asking you to just do it for me. But hey I don't mind collaborating. If your interested we can take this to PM and actually work on it jointly. I just need some pointers to get stared. The programs I currently fiddle with is paint.net, and adobe photoshop. I have gimp but am less experienced with it. The best way to understand how the animations would work is to actually watch the show. LOL It's actually quite good. Give it a chance.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  3. SuperMandrew

4. SuperMandrew

Alternate upload for those who need it - v1.1b

https://www.mediafire.com/?y2v22m22dwvd1qj

Unfortunately I don't have much time to work on other things, but I can help point you in the right direction. For now, I'd say to look at how I did the basic hadouken animation in the game - check out the following files: hadoukenbig.png, hadoukenbig.frames, wayofthewarrior.animation, and inside wayofthewarrior.lua, look at lines 631-689 of v1.1b which is where I'm going through the animation for the hadouken.

Good luck!

5. MasterofKittens

MasterofKittens Subatomic Cosmonaut

This mod is just kinda silly. But amazing! Also, the inputs get easier the more you practice.

6. Jozhua

Jozhua Intergalactic Tourist

Easy input not working, changed the line - still requires the complex input.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  7. SuperMandrew

Which move are you having trouble executing? It seems to be working for me.

Also, you have to make sure you completely close Starbound (not the launcher though) for the change to take affect.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  8. vennum

vennum Void-Bound Voyager

I like this mod alot, and host it on my public server, but I did encounter a bug for the Shoryuken and the Super. Even though all players and server has the mod installed, once anyone starts a shoryuken or super, their sprite becomes invisible to others (they can see see themselves) and remains invisible till they beam up to a ship. Any thoughts on how i can fix this?

9. SuperMandrew

I've never tested this on multiplayer so I can't give you much help, but a couple things.

- Are you only getting this bug on the Shoryuken and Hyper move?
    - If you have another tech slotted, does switching to a different tech fix the issue? (while on the planet)
    - Does starbound.log say anything for either you (the client) or the server log?

10. vennum

The 1st energy ball works fine, both character and projectile can be seen by all. For the uppercut , character becomes invisible to others, and for the super, character becomes invisible as does the big beam, althought the background picture IS visible.

Ill try switching techs now ingame to see if this fixes it, and check the logs at the same time and posyt back.

11. vennum

Code:
    Error: WorldServer.clientsIncomingPackets exception caught: MapException: index 6 out of range in OrderedMap::at()
    0x8b412b <_init+4882379> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x68fbd8 <_init+2636408> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x8066f9 <_init+4171161> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x808a57 <_init+4180215> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x767ea7 <_init+3521863> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x767f78 <_init+3522072> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x76805d <_init+3522301> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x755280 <_init+3445024> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x499d40 <_init+580576> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x4c739f <_init+766527> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x4c79b8 <_init+768088> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x9d0cea <_init+6048650> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x801ce8511 <pthread_getprio+337> at /lib/libthr.so.3

Error: Exception while processing entity: MapException: index 6 out of range in OrderedMap::at()
    0x8b412b <_init+4882379> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x68fbd8 <_init+2636408> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x8066f9 <_init+4171161> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x806812 <_init+4171442> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x75e7b7 <_init+3483223> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x4a36f7 <_init+619927> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x4c7436 <_init+766678> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x4c79b8 <_init+768088> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x9d0cea <_init+6048650> at /usr/local/games/starbound/beta/starbound_server
    0x801ce8511 <pthread_getprio+337> at /lib/libthr.so.3

Error: Removing entity -65536 from world

This is what i see in the log after doing the Uppercut move /Super

Changing techs did not make me visible again

EDIT: Looking through the Lua, i noticed this "tech.setAnimationState("warping", "off")" , it might be the problem if you are using the warping animation, since i notice in multiplayer the Warping Arrviving , is not completely visible to other players, not sure if that helps you out.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  12. SuperMandrew

It seems that the server doesn't like something with the packets being sent from the client... hm. I really have no idea why, but I'll see what i can figure out. Are you using any sort of server wrapper at all?

In regards to the warping animation, that's a custom animation I'm using - basically, it's the little blue flash that happens when you turn into a blue guy / turn back to normal, so that shouldn't have any effect on it at all.

13. vennum

Server Wrapper? not sure what that is. As of right now I'm using the charactercreation mod, Starrace, Insectoid Race, FCS Mod, dyeing Bucket and gottacatchallthethings mods. Thanks for all your help!! Also if it's not possible to get working, would it be possible to make the Energy Ball power a single mod , since this does work perfectly on the server

14. SexualRhinoceros

SexualRhinoceros Existential Complex

Hi! Try removing all mods and reenabling each one until you can reproduce the error. Also try deleting your player saves / universe folder. Also I'd highly suggest making sure the clients all have these mods installed along with the server having them installed. When reenabling, first reenable the 2D Fighter Mod first to see if its this mod causing the problem and simply not a conflict between this and another mod or two other mods.

15. SuperMandrew

Thanks for stopping in SR!

@vennum - SR is a friend of mine who runs a server which has mods used on it - he can likely be of much more assistance to you than I can currently. :)

16. vennum

Thanks for the help, I will try this now

EDIT : Do you mean to delete the player/universe files from client or server?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  17. SexualRhinoceros

both if possible.

18. vennum

Hi im back. So I
    - deleted my player/universe folder from my client, and deleted the universe folder from the server.
    - removed all mods
    - Deleted image.cache
    - reinstalled this mod

Still the same error. It's weird cause the 1st attack works just fine.

Some things to note

- Uppercut and Special turn invisible right away
    - Special Beam is also invisible
    - background image DOES show for the Special
    - vocals can only be heard by the person using the power
    - Flashy electric overlay can ONLY be seen by OTHER players, they can't see their own electric overlay

I hope this helps with the development of this mod, in my opinion its one of the best so far, and would be epic if it can completely work in multiplayer

19. ArykheartX

ArykheartX Space Hobo

how do i obtain t i tried making a new character nothing there to find the recipe what do i have to do to get the mod? and yes i instaled everything right

20. SexualRhinoceros

now are you sure this is installed on the server and on the clients of the people using the server? Also, this does occur even when the server AND client both only have this mod installed on them?