2D Fighter Mod - Way of the Warrior 1.1d

Use fighting game moves!

1. SuperMandrew
    [​IMG]

Do you wish the combat system was more interactive? Are you a fan of 2D fighters?
    Do you like ripping through a planet with a GIANT FREAKIN LASER BEAM?!

(NOTE: This mod currently works in single-player ONLY)

Description:

If you answered yes to any of the above, then this mod is for you! Even if you didn't you should still give it a shot and let me know what you think! :)

This mod, by myself and LowestFormOfWit (who created the beautiful blue-man sprites), adds a new tech to the game, which unlocks three new moves for the player.

The first move is the hadouken, which is performed by starting down (S), then going down+right (S+D), then right (D) and finishing with a click. Doing a quick roll of your fingers on the keyboard plus a click causes your character to perform a hadouken similar to Street Fighter!
    Input: S, S+D, D, Click
    If you're not using easyInput, this is how the move should be performed:

Correct: [​IMG] (+ click)

Incorrect:
    [​IMG] (+ click)

The second move is the shoryuken. This is performed a little differently, but essentially the same as the hadouken but first pressing right (D).
    Input: D, S, S+D, Click or:
    D, S, S+D, D, Click

The character will attack in the direction based on which side of the screen the mouse is on.

Performing either of these moves will charge your hyper bar. Once your hyper bar is fully charged, you can unleash a super hadouken! This will destroy terrain (and enemies) and consume your hyper bar. It's performed by doing two hadouken's in a row then a click.
    Input: S, S+D, D, S, S+D, D, Click

Finally, the hyper bar display can be toggled with the G key. You may turn off the display or turn it on, it will still function properly even while off.

There are a few times you can't do a move: a shoryuken must be done while on the ground, and a hadouken can't be performed when you're falling so fast you'll take damage (no using the hadouken while falling to break the fall, your speed must be slow).

I hope you all enjoy! :)

[​IMG]

Higher quality gifs (via gfycat):
    http://gfycat.com/MassiveUnlinedCleanerwrasse
    http://gfycat.com/ZealousVapidKitten
    http://gfycat.com/SkinnyNegativeChinesecrocodilelizard

Planned updates:
    - Modular energy system: each move takes X% of max energy at time, and scales damage based on max energy (moves then stay balanced regardless of tier)
    - Potential decay of hyper bar: will prevent people from stockpiling and saving the hyper bar for too long
    - Background projectile: hyper background only works on Zoom x.3 and Zoom x.4 - maybe find a way to get it working on Zoom x.2 properly?
    - Other movesets! Yea, we've got other characters in store ;)

Credits:
    SuperMandrew and LowestFormOfWit [​IMG]

Shoutouts:
    SnoopJeDi: idea of using the mouse to determine which direction to perform the attack
    metadept: helped with early version of the input-system
    PenguinToast: helped with querying nearby entities during hyper move, allowing slowdown of all enemies on screen
    healthire: plenty of feedback and help when asked for it
    ##starbound-modding: great resource for any modder, and great community. Come stop on by sometime! :)
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. juliopeludo
    juliopeludo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1d
    This mod is freaking awesome! I love it! if I could suggest though one way to make it more awesome would be to either tier the attacks or increase the damage. I read that you plan on doing that for the future, just thought I'd add it in anyway. I'm cruising around on tier 10 planets and would like to just the giant laser beam and take down armies of npcs and all that good stuff. other than that its super fun and great!
  2. Thaurrus
    Thaurrus
    5/5,
    This is a very fun mod! the button execution is pretty tight, and it works fully in multiplayer. If you, your server, and your friends all have the mod installed atleast ;D
  3. Sir Bananington
    Sir Bananington
    5/5,
    Very nice, usefull in a tight spot. Also, is there a cooldown time?
    It only works in intervals for me :/
  4. Roland734
    Roland734
    5/5,
    I'm a HUGE fan of fighters and mainly 2d figthers and all i can say about this mod that its AWESOME. Also, i would kiss your nosetip if you would add dashing/sprint/airdash/double jump from the more mobility based fighters, starbound could use some fun fluid movement.
  5. Nakano15
    Nakano15
    1/5,
    The mod were causing issues on my friend's multiplayer server, when my friend spawned on the same world/ship as i, the special animation kept looping, then, when my friend used the special, he turned to invisible until re-entered the area.
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      This is a known issue with the game, not my mod. Currently it seems to only work properly with the animations in single-player mode.
  6. Sephu
    Sephu
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1c
    I adore this. I only wish there were differences in the voice for males and females. Perhaps a pitch adjustment. But it's still very awesome and makes combat a LOT more fun.
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      I'm glad you like it! In regards to the voice.. it'd be somewhat hacky because I can't access whether the player is male or female from the tech lua script, so I'd have to make two techs (one male/one female). Instead I've opted to keep the original voice that the moveset is inherited from - so if I ever did a moveset like Chun-Li's, then the female voices would be used. :)
  7. sewens
    sewens
    5/5,
    It took me some time to figure out how it works but once I did it I used this tech everywhere! HINT: When you do a move correctly your hands will be empty for a moment.
  8. Freshyy
    Freshyy
    5/5,
    Really fun to use! Keep up the good work!
  9. Magma Claw
    Magma Claw
    5/5,
    WTF?! SPACE B00BIES!!!! im sorry what i meant was....frikin badass!
  10. Kiash
    Kiash
    4/5,
    Great mod, Fun to Hadouken everything and use the Super version to mine, though i did run into a issue, only 1 of my character had access to the recipe, it wouldnt show up on the rest of my characters
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      Were these new characters or characters created after the mod was installed?