1st september progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Legris, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. Majintoope

Majintoope Master Chief

choose? of curse i will play starbound and when gta v is cheaper i will buy it.

Ecleptic likes this.
  3. Aaron

Aaron Void-Bound Voyager

Teaching the new players how to play is a big deal on my end, i hope that its not something that tries to grab my hand and lead me into the game like i couldn't figure it out myself. too many games coming out now-days that assume you are an idiot, i hope i get none of those feels from Starbound. love u all.

tassina, Axe Garian and mooncats5 like this.
  4. mooncats5

mooncats5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

From what I've read, it sounds like the actual bosses will be unique (as in having their own models and behaviors). I've also read that mini-bosses will be possible, which will likely just be larger versions of randomly generated mobs. This is all subject to change of course.

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  5. darkparadise

darkparadise Big Damn Hero

the real question is what do the bosses eat?

6. MeurigVII

MeurigVII Master Chief

Nice Update

I bet that minor coop play at Insomnia Games helped with making the first few minutes of the game. Letting players that haven't played the game before so what needed tweaked :)

7. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

Short and sweet! Short and sweet! :love:
    I'm noticing a trend here.. These things tend to come in threes. :DD

8. Ogma

Ogma Void-Bound Voyager

A good idea to prevent that kind of behaviour would be to implement some bonuses coming from the friendly creatures that you don't kill. Like some kind of symbiotic reltionship. If you give meat, or food, (or what they want, you find out) to one they'll protect you or they'll help you find ... or they'll do nothing! Wild is the wild and there could be some kind of parasitic relationship. Where you help a creature thinking it will help you and it really never does, or you don't kill a creature thinking it's doing nothing wrong but you realise that you stacks of wood had strangely decreases...

9. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Probably us. Maybe at full release, when we die, we'll drop an Alien Meat that the Monster will then pick up & eat raw. (Or cooked in the case of Fire Monsters.) :p

I'm very interested in how the Flying Monsters are gonna be tweaked, considering this is likely Melee Related stuff & my Main Characters are gonna be Melee.

tassina, Leak and Ecleptic like this.
  10. ab18556

ab18556 Void-Bound Voyager

Cool to see that you care about how people has been interacting with the game at i49 and try to fix what seemed to be major issues. But.. Hey! That's what closed beta are for :p

tassina likes this.
  11. Hanfree

Hanfree Big Damn Hero

When you say "I don’t really have anything new to show in game so I’ll just leave you with this"
    You say "We got material to launch now the beta and we dont go to waste more time,becaus all the pleople pay for the game and all the people see in i49 the game is playable"

12. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How is he saying that at all? What he's actually saying is that they didn't implement anything substantially new that they wish to spoil, but instead have been working on the game mechanically. An update =/= implementing stuffs to get and make, my friend. There's other things to work on than content. ;)

13. Insignia

Insignia Zero Gravity Genie

14. firerider521

firerider521 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I swear. Alien meat is already the equivalent of Minecraft's porkchops(apologies for the reference).

15. Lazureus

Lazureus Master Chief

Easy choice as GTA V doesn't exist until it comes out on the PC anyway.

A lot of these creatures definitely look unique.

Leak and marchello35 like this.
  16. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

Yes, anyway I hate there was not enough with 1 vram in GTA IV :(

17. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

You guys sure do get a ton done in an afternoon :p Updating already and the days not over just yet xD

Great update though! Although... PLEASE.. for the love of everything.. don't make the game take our hand and walk us through. Its really quite sad that games of today do this WAY too often. (and more then often I'm made to feel like an idiot because of it) I personally prefer to work everything out myself :3

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. kithsakhai

kithsakhai Big Damn Hero

here here, i love finding bugs, because then i get to have actual fun trying to break the game and report what i did to break it to someone who can do something about it.

and about gta v, going to wait for it to go on sale to pick it up, what with X rebirth coming November 15th, and the alpha/dogfighting module coming out in december for star citizen, plus this gem of a sandbox sci fi game...

19. kithsakhai

kithsakhai Big Damn Hero

yes, totally agree, no hand holding. dont make it so obfuscated that its unplayable for 30 minutes until you memorize the entire control layout *cough" X 3 "cough*, but im hoping there's a fair bit of exploring you have to do to figure out how things work.

for that matter, you can probably ignore those starting quests altogether and just play...

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Looking good

1John5vs7, Axe Garian and tassina like this.