19th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by bartwe, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

But it is a game game. Garry's mod is a sandbox game, and people still call it a game game. Because you play it. For fun.

tassina and Ryukiroku like this.
  2. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's because Garry's mod has game modes in which you can play a game game. Like hide n' go seek, ttt, Prop Hunt, etc. Those are the classic definitions of games that you could play in real life as well.

All you've given me for minecraft is building imaginatively. Without mods the game doesn't hold up as a game.

tassina and Aeon like this.
  3. SilvisMoon

SilvisMoon Big Damn Hero

who else likes rocks?

4. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Actually all the game modes for gmod are also mods. :3

tassina likes this.
  5. Lord Hatty

Well, I suppose in that case neither would hold up as legitimate games without the input of a community.

tassina and Aeon like this.
  6. BanditDragoon

BanditDragoon Void-Bound Voyager

While i can understand the argument as to weather or not Minecraft is a game it's all really a matter of opinion, Personally i think it's a game with a tremendous amount of freedom in what happens in the game in others meaning that you not only have to survive in a harsh world full of creepers and ensure you have food and all that but you must also write the script on what your character says and does.

However another aspect of it is the fact that Minecraft is much more popular as a multiplayer game for friends to get together and do stuff together rather than just a sandbox game and while not initially intended for it to be modified it has turned out to be quite easy to do so, the plethora of modifications allow for much more content thanks to it's very open Game world so all in all what makes a game is not just whats in it but what people can do with it as a whole.

tassina and Rin-Kin like this.
  7. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wish I could come to i49! Have fun guys!:iswydt:

8. rachairmuin

rachairmuin Astral Cartographer

Rin-Kin likes this.
  9. nolan1024

nolan1024 Subatomic Cosmonaut

starbound for ps4 anyone? :DD

10. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

Like Terraria, Starbound will likely work best with a mouse. So unless ps4 natively supports mouse and keyboard input, I'd say no. I also don't imagine the game will translate well to the Vita... but that's a different matter.

11. adwhitenc

adwhitenc Void-Bound Voyager

A playable demo of Starbound? HL3 confirmed!

12. BanditDragoon

Ps3 supports USB mouses and keyboards so i don't see why the ps4 would not however it depends if the port will still depend on the mouse as an input. ^.-.^

tassina likes this.
  13. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

I don't think it need "depend" on mouse and keyboard, but it should definitely be an option. I wish more ps3 games supported m&k input

tassina likes this.
  14. TheAwesomeTrout

TheAwesomeTrout Aquatic Astronaut

At that point, you may as well just be playing on a computer. Using a mouse and keyboard on the couch isn't exactly the most comfortable thing.

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  15. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

Maybe, but some people still prefer it. I bought Unreal Tournament 3 for PS3 before I built my computer, so I got out a folding table (like a frozen dinner table), put my keyboard on my lap and used the mouse on the table. Wasn't too bad

Also, White Knight Chronicles was a lot easier to play with a keyboard sitting nearby for strategizing with other players over chat.

16. BanditDragoon

Well that entirely Depends o.o my Ps3 sits next to my TV which is on my computer desk but i still prefer my PC cuz its much more versatile :3

17. Insignia

Insignia Zero Gravity Genie

here is my comet.

18. Epsil

Epsil Void-Bound Voyager

So, the difference between a player and press release is the existence of game-breaking bugs?

How does the press review a game when it's broken?

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. Hanfree

Hanfree Big Damn Hero

Yeah all awesome but release te beta

20. Lord Hatty

Where?

tassina likes this.