18th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. SamuraiJack7

SamuraiJack7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sadly that thread had the same thing that was posted by Tiy ages ago... Just wanted to check it was still happening.

It's like Christmas, I'm getting really excited but worried that my parents haven't bought me that barbie.... Er, TANK... That I wanted!

Toryu-Mau and Inco like this.
  2. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Almost all the major features are done?

You're winning me back, Chucklefish. Bit by bit.

3. Pofinator

Pofinator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah,this was during his campaign for US president. :rofl:

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  4. Zzen2

Zzen2 Void-Bound Voyager

Sooo...Beta out soon.

5. Stoltverd

Stoltverd Big Damn Hero

TIY, will there be any life-void planet? You know, inhospitable planets, where our character would have to use helmets and such to breath etc.
    I ask because i've only seen screenies of planets FULL of life. Not even planets with little life.
    It would be cool too that there would be barren planets, think Fallout, (or even more barren), with the occasional (or maybe full of them) alien monster that evolved to survive there.

Also the background (some of them) looks blocky, just look at yesterday's screenie.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  6. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

[​IMG]
    Looks like you missed this screenshot, then.

Toryu-Mau, Dis and Stoltverd like this.
  7. Stoltverd

Stoltverd Big Damn Hero

Looks like it :D
    Thanks

8. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nope. Probably in winter.

9. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

Yep, probably one or two weeks before the Steam Christmas Sale.

10. shoompa

shoompa Orbital Explorer

So, wondering if we can get another roadmap update......

Lots of love bye byes all!

11. Trixmay988

Trixmay988 Space Penguin Leader

I may or may not have just got a horrible feeling after reading this that Mr.Beta won't release him self from a few months from now. Why can't Mr.Beta visit us sooner (is 'sooner' even a word?)? Great effort guys, looks great!

Ammonite likes this.
  12. Kurozaiaku

Kurozaiaku Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  13. PlayMp1

PlayMp1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Either that, or they're going to wait until Terraria's 1.2 update comes out, then decide, "okay, time for beta!" just to sweep the users out from under their feet :DD

14. blobjim

blobjim Subatomic Cosmonaut

Of course the event is in the UK not the US. Sigh. Why do all good games have to be made in the UK and celebrated in the UK.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  15. Jamtoes

Jamtoes Big Damn Hero

16. Ammonite

Ammonite Space Penguin Leader

Because the USA want to be number one at everything no matter what, even if it's the crime rate, at least that's what our english law professor likes to say :monkey:

blobjim and Toryu-Mau like this.
  17. Arnael

Arnael Space Penguin Leader

so much stuff to craft... I will better get my shovel and axe ready... need... MORE... resourcessssss!

18. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

We see the game every day. We just can't play it yet.

;P
    Purple Moontains Majesty.

Ammonite likes this.
  19. Kernkin

Kernkin Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love all of it! Every little update, everyone person on the development team. You guys are amazing! I am going to never stop playing Starbound once I can finally start playing. If you are looking for me in the next five years. I will be at work or school, and if I am not there I will be in my room building, finding, discovering EVERYTHING!...Here beta, beta, beta, beta!

Cloudhopper likes this.
  20. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

"Tiyuri, Bartwe, Legris, Kyren, Armagon, OmnipotentEntiy and Mollygos from the Starbound team will be on hand during the festival, showcasing the game,"

never in my life have I so badly wanted a plane ticket to the UK.

EDIT: Go to the homepage, playstarbound.com, and use goggles. Tiy's avatar was given a tophat : P