1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac beta

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Frodew, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I understand this game is being developed for both Mac and PC, but will the Mac version be available when beta is released? :monkey:

2. Zallen

Zallen Industrial Terraformer

About a year after the full PC version is out. /troll
    In all seriousness no beta dates have been announced yet at all.

3. Hello Frodew.

Both Windows, Mac and Linux versions are being developed at the same time, and they will be available when the beta is released. ;)

4. AlphaMongoose

AlphaMongoose Ketchup Robot

Tiy said that the game already runs on mac.

MRGOOGLES and WoxandWarf like this.
  5. SeaMichelle

SeaMichelle Some Sort of Weird Fish Princess

I was initially excited about the Mac beta. The I got a wicked PC. xD

MRGOOGLES likes this.
  6. MRGOOGLES

MRGOOGLES Phantasmal Quasar

dude wow ... hes not even asking for a date hes asking if it will be compatible:V.

7. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

no way, dawg! pc is betta! :rofl:

8. Sme4gle

Sme4gle Pangalactic Porcupine

Would be weird if they released it on windows first, however there might be workarounds with programs like Wine etc.

9. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Ah, so you got a real computer then?

10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Probably, if you're into that sort of thing...

11. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I'd say lay low on the Mac insults guys, some of the mods don't... take too kindly to it...
    I agree though.

Ard Galen, WoxandWarf and Xander like this.
  12. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

Mac, Linux and Windows beta are all being developed at the same time. That's good news because I've got a Mac too.

tassina and WoxandWarf like this.
  13. SeaMichelle

SeaMichelle Some Sort of Weird Fish Princess

I have a Mac too, (in fact that's my surfing machine) but I do all my major gaming on my PC. Faster, graphics-er, cleaner ^.^

Awesomized and WoxandWarf like this.
  14. Blaze9

Blaze9 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Gets drunk off of wine. Mac somehow turns into a PC after some persuasion with fists and hallucination. Installs Starbound by tying the mashed up Mac to a picture of a star and then vomits all over the pile of destroyed computer to get Starbound running. Uses keyboard in a perfectly normal fashion (because that survives) and has fun for many hours playing the game. Wakes up next morning feeling accomplished, but has a massive headache. Walks over to computer desk and sees what happened. Jaw drops. "Oh god, it wasn't a dream. I really did that." Inspects hands to see that they are bruised and bloody and realizes the putrid stench is the smell of the vomit. Cleans up the mess. Gives it to a supermodel so that she can take it to the Apple Store and act innocent so that he gets a new Mac free. Decides to put the whole thing behind him and sits down sober to actually try and get Starbound running on Mac. Realizes the beta hasn't even come out yet. Realizes hands are now extremely swollen and require medical attention. Goes to hospital and has to stay for 4 days to recover from a vicious infection. Gets home and Starbound beta has actually been released (with a Mac client). Plays it until starving and passes out. Recovers and grabs some simple sugars from the fridge for quick energy and fires up a steak to eat for dinner. Makes some vegetables to go with the steak and eats dinner...

But it was just a dream, and upon waking in the morning, thinks upon this dream and tries to determine the significance of it. Determines that the dream must have been inspired by one single mention of a word on the Starbound forums and that the beta has still not arrived.

~ Blaze

NhunterN and Hoffendorf like this.
  15. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

OMG liek pc is wey bettar!!!1!

Seriously, guys, this is not a Windows PC vs. Mac debate. We both know which is better. ;) It's just a question on if Mac's version of the game will be out when PC's is out.

NhunterN and MRGOOGLES like this.
  16. The Question

The Question Ketchup Robot

By Saying The Bolded Words, You Render The Pacifistic Underlined Part Null.

NhunterN likes this.
  17. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You realize he's joking. But also right.

natelovesyou and MRGOOGLES like this.
  18. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Yup. Thanks for playing!

Jonesy likes this.
  19. MRGOOGLES

MRGOOGLES Phantasmal Quasar

macs suxor unless your making music gg no re videogamists