18th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Molinware

Molinware Space Spelunker

Give us the beta!!!

2. Ragewar

Ragewar Industrial Terraformer

I can sense the beta coming towards us in a incredible speed, yeesss... X3

Molinware, tassina and Morpheel like this.
  3. DrPhibes

DrPhibes Pangalactic Porcupine

Three?

Morpheel likes this.
  4. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

Every time they seem to be adding something that should have been there the whole time.

I don't know but this worries me if they still have to add the basics.

5. Ammonite

Ammonite Space Penguin Leader

Well if you can attract one piece of metal with a magnet, would you need a bigger magnet to attract two more?
    I'd say the strength of gravity doesn't weaken by one orbiting moon. Every planet can hold a large number of suitable moons. :monkey:

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  6. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

This is correct, if a planet has the gravitational pull to hold one moon, it can theoretically hold any number of moons. When you get into multiple moons with a planet similar in size to Earth the orbits just get kind a weird. Pretty complicated stuff.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  7. Toryu-Mau

Toryu-Mau 2.7182818284590...

That's True. (ノ*゜▽゜*) Just got overly excited at the thought of exploring a Mega planet I guess.

Ammonite likes this.
  8. Morpheel

Morpheel Void-Bound Voyager

I live in North America, so I wont be able to attend the festival. :(

Is there any way I can see the Starbound footage during or after online?

tassina and Ammonite like this.
  9. Ammonite

That would actually be really nice.

10. I'm sure there will be countless streams of the event : D

11. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I like the new higher resolution, Tiy. I'm happy you guys have a chance to show off your hard work at an expo, and I hope it is well-received. I'd go if I could, but I'm all the way across the pond in Michigan. Hopefully some of my brothers and sisters in the UK will be willing to have double the fun for me so I can live vicariously. Perhaps someone will post details of what the expo is like once it's over. I'll check the "blogosphere" and such.

As far as the millions of updates, it sounds cool. Would you mind telling us how many mini-biomes there are? Or is that a "spoilers" situation?
    [​IMG]

12. Weegeemang

Weegeemang Pangalactic Porcupine

A-all major features are complete or almost complete? BETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA INCOMING!

13. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

That's the atmosphere :p

14. MistaLemur

MistaLemur Aquatic Astronaut

I think that the atmospheric glow should be dimmer around areas of the planet that are not in direct starlight.

Here is a crude example of what I am talking about.

I don't mean that it should dim to the point of nothing like in the picture, but it should probably dim at least a little to match the darkness of the planet's shadows.

Ammonite and Primus_Capio like this.
  15. NFossil

NFossil Phantasmal Quasar

These updates seem to be getting more enjoyable each day, and this one is the most optimistic I've seen so far! Good Job!

16. Ammonite

Yes, that's much better, like this you can see the darkness of space, which makes for a better Starbound look than glowing planets.

Toryu-Mau and tassina like this.
  17. SamuraiJack7

SamuraiJack7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Getting extremely excited! I havent been this excited about a game since... well, since forever (maybe i got a bit manic over GTA4)

You should be proud of the amount of work your putting into this beautiful game.

Also thank you for the constant updates. It's the highlight of my day!

I'm probably being a bit paranoid and probably get a lot of 'hate' for asking this...

But...

After being screwed by Runic games over TL2 I'm a bit paranoid.

You said that the Mac version will come out at the same time as the Windows, I'm hoping beyond all hope that this will still apply to the BETA!

Please please say it will. I'd be devastated if not.

Sj7

NhunterN and Baku Vicen like this.
  18. Ammonite

19. xnez

xnez Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow, things really are coming together well. I hope they have worked on a few boses, it would be cool to see what sort of things bosses will be able to do. Also, if working on boses takes too long, screw it! Whatever gets the beta out faster! X)

20. SilentMage

SilentMage Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love that image! Is it safe to say that each of those planets in that system can be explored? If so, that's just beyond amazing.