1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Wild Things 0.0.8c (Spirited Giraffe)

Become a Survivalist! Setup camp and hunt and gather from new animals and plants plus more!

1. Another Round of Bug Squashing!

Armed Mosquito
    Wild Things - #0.0.8a

As part of my new goal in releasing updates is to come back and releases fixes and fine tune or tweak things previously released in a major version. So version #0.0.8 would be considered the major version and the fix’s for it come after and this process will now continue on to keep gameplay smooth as it's easy to go nuts adding new things without the right connections.

I also spent some time during this update working on the new public Wild Things Wikia there's a lot of work to be done I could use your help with adding new item tooltip images and pages for further editing! If you are interested I created a simple mod for making tooltip cut outs easy. See Wikia Tooltip Helper to download.

Item Changes

• Snow Owls can no longer be caught with the current traps. Once I create some bird traps expect a return.
    • Many items have had adjustments to their max stack limits. 25 Max Stack is the default average limit for most items, but this rule changes with certain things.
    • Various items have been checked for rarity, some have been adjusted others remain the same.
    • Removed Rocktail, Squid, Jellyfish, Kelp, Rainbowfish, Gapper, Cavefish, Sage Fish, Sardine, and the Dopy Fish. I will be adding more real freshwater fish shortly.
    • Butcher Saw will now drop Chunks of Smelly Meat if used to kill animals with.

Crafting Changes

• Smokers Rack recipe now will also require x4 Twine when crafting.
    • Creating Chili Seasoning will now unlock Chili Seasoned Chuck n Blade recipe.
    • Spring Snare and Baited Spring Snare recipes have slightly changed.
    • Twine and Wooden Pole are now unlocked when you obtain your first Survivalist Table and can now be crafted from your plain crafting menu by pressing “c” in game and clicking the miscellaneous tab.
    • Raw Catfish now give x2 Raw Fish Fillets when cleaned.
    • Raw Catfish now give x4 Raw Fish Fillets when cleaned.

Treasurepoool Changes

• Variety of animals have been properly assigned to their loot tables. Small, Medium, and Big game when using the proper traps to catch them it should all work properly as intended now.
    • Snow Owl has been removed from current traps.
    • Trapping treasure pools have been properly configured to work with the new looting system.
    • Simple Snares no longer will catch medium game at all. Keep in mind a spring snare can handle catching medium game and small game.
    • Baited Spring Snares now can catch Small, Medium, and Big Game carnivorous and herbivorous. Its more likely to catch a carnivore when baiting with meat.
    • Deadfall traps have been assigned to there own specific loot tables for further configuration. This means also now deadfall traps wont drop the materials you never used on the traps.

Quest Changes

• You will now receive a Blowgun from the quest Creating a Stone Hunting Knife. Once you have the blowgun you will learn how to create them further for pet capturing.

Monster Changes

• All animal feet have been checked to make perfect contact with the ground and improved collision detection for any that may have needed it.
    • All monsters have had their scale and collision boxes updated.
    • All monsters have had their health adjusted to fit with their size.

Interface Changes

Bug Squash
    Spot a bug while playing the latest version? Report the issue to me before the next update release to help me get a fix out sooner!

• Sea Salt on ocean biomes now work as intended. They previously dropped coal.
    • Sea Salt item has been added, apparently I didn't finish that like I thought in my last update, sorry!
    • Bone taught perfectly generic item was intended to teach Sharp Bone this has been resolved.
    • Smokers Rack recipe was teaching Survivalist Campfire recipe.
    • Quite a few monsters did not have the bone knife harvest setup properly this has been resolved you can now use you bone knife on anything you would suspect to have leather.
    • Carnivore animals were not assigned properly to Baited Trap loot tables this has been resolved.
    • Traps were not dropping Twine as that was the new material to create most of these basic snares. They will now drop Twine unless you used wire to create them.
    • Spring Snare and Baited Spring Snare had a broken recipe with parts unable to be found.
    • Inability to create the Survivalist Table due to missing the ability to create Twine and Wooden Poles has been resolved.
    • Koala animal was linked improperly to the wrong location for its animation sheet. This has been resolved.
    Art Changes

• Every .png file has been optimized and every image in the future will be optimized.
    • Baited Spring Snare icon has changed to now indicate bait.
    • Fish Cleaner had the fish in the bottom moved down a couple of pixels to meet ground contact.
    • Smokers Rack is now animated, its a simple animation for a placeholder of improvements.
    • Sharp Bone icon is has now been added to Sharp Bone item.
    • Stem icon has been changed slightly for easier identification.
    • Wooden Stake icon has been slightly changed for easier identification.
    DeffreyJahmer likes this.
Return to update list...