1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Ships aren't safe 1.2

Strips the damage protection you normally have on ships. It is possible to take damage and die.

1. bk3k
    Everything is fine.png

Strips the damage protection you normally have on ships. It is possible to take damage and die. Not much to say about it. The invincibility doesn't make sense in the first place. It isn't important if you have a vanilla or mod ship. This should work with anything, and not conflict with anything (unless they're outright replacing /player.config or /stats/player_primary.lua).

I think someone may be able to take advantage of this for other mods. In which case you could require this mod... or just include the code. Nothing amazingly complex here. Nothing likely to change except to match changes made in vanilla code after updates etc.

If you prefer to download from the Steam Workshop, you can find it here.

This mod exists to remove the player invincibility that vanilla Starbound has while on ships. That might enable a modder to do some interesting things... but they might want to make sure that the player is indeed vulnerable. The normal way would be to "require" this mod etc. Alternatively include the code within the mod. But I have left some other options.

When a modder wants to detect if this mod is present - or another mod that has this functionality(possibly from the code being included) - I've added some convenient ways to do so.

If you're patching player.config
    Code:
    [
      [
      {
           "op" : "test",
           "path" : "/modEnvironment/on_shipDamage",
           "inverse" : false
         }
      ]
    ]
    That would tell you. So you could have anything dependent upon having the mod after this point in the batch. This isn't necessarily the best way because it relies on your mod loading after this mod - or any other mod incorporating the code. So you need in your _metadata file
    Code:
    "includes" : [ "thisModName", "otherModNamesToo", "couldGet_messy" ],

That isn't so ideal! You might find it more useful instead to test this from LUA.
    Code:
    function playersVulnerable()
      temp = root.assetJson("/player.config")
      return temp.modEnvironment and temp.modEnvironment.on_shipDamage
    end

It doesn't get easier that that! I'd kind of like to see more mods do things like this. An easy way we can know what to expect.

This mod is now SB 1.2.0 ready, but also compatible with SB 1.1.1 until 1.2.0 stable is released.

Please ask questions or report problems in the discussion tab. That goes for any mod actually. I'll be glad to help you there. Suggestions would also be better placed there.
    The reviews are for rating the mod itself so that other Starbound players might know if the mod is worth their time or not.
    The reviews/ratings don't actually affect me, but please be considerate of your fellow Starbound players by only posting reviews that serve this purpose. Thank you.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Version: 1.01
    An essential bugfix. Hope this fix gets added to the vanilla game eventually.
    1. bk3k
      Author's Response
      Doubtful they'd change it. This was an intentional design decision and I had to hook the main player script to subvert it. Well that's what mods are for, right?
  2. DrakoZ
    DrakoZ
    5/5,
    Version: 2016-11-23
    For me it's great!