1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Remove Frog/Mole Merchants 1.0

Temp fix to be able to break/remove frog/mole merchants with tools

1. Archer
    Difference with "Kill the Mole":
    This mod here is extremely small in what it changes and does:

-This mod merges with the config files, causing no compatibility issues with other mods or future adjustments to the config files by the main game.

-This mod does not contain unnecessary sprites and other files that have nothing to do with the change required and will only conflict with mods that may adjust them.

So unless "Kill the Mole" would implement both the above, this mod will stay (the author of that mod is completely free to replicate it).

No need for short-sighted reviews that point out nothing significant to me, to others or to this mod.

What/Who is this for:
    This is meant for people that accidentally place down a frog/mole merchant on single-player or on their server and cannot remove it afterwards.

How to install:
    Unpack in the mods folder, DO NOT put only the .zip file in the mod folder or it won't work, if you did it correctly your mods folder should contain a folder called "destroyfrogormole".

Works for both servers and single-player, and both share same installation instructions. You cannot however install it on single player and then use it on a server... The server must have it too.

How to use:
    Simply start the server or the game and remove the merchants with a pickaxe.

You can uninstall the mod without trouble after usage.

Compatibility:
    Will be compatible with any mod and any previous/next version of Starbound that will contain the frog/mole merchants as objects, unless the folder structure changes.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Kookue Crazy likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. FanatiG
    FanatiG
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    still works in 1.0 your mod saved my ass!
  2. francisl92
    francisl92
    5/5,
    Still works in Upbeat Giraffe
    1. Archer
      Author's Response
      Interesting, I did not expect that
  3. Cryosaur
    Cryosaur
    5/5,
    Just what I needed, thanks! I tried to replace my crafting table (yeah, I was being that lazy) using the Furniture Box from the CreativeMode mod, and the table is buggy and actually places a mole merchant, lol. This saved me from having an unwanted permanent co-pilot, greatly appreciated. A very specific and tiny mod, but useful for those of us who need it.
  4. SKyStriker101
    SKyStriker101
    5/5,
    I am planning to use this mod I a modpack I'd like to call "UniverseBound". May I use your mod? You have an excellent mod though.
    1. Archer
      Author's Response
      Sorry for the late response!

Look below the thread, you may do with this mod whatever you want :)
  5. the420urchin
    the420urchin
    2/5,
    1. Archer
      Author's Response
      Better?

That mod you're pointing at still contains all unnecessary data such as sprites and other crap.

Besides, this mod merges with the config for those objects, so you may use it with other mods that change frog/mole merchants.

I'll point this out in the main post.