1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Protected Storage Enraged Koala 1.0

Protect your stuff!

1. Julyuary
    Much thanks to metadept for helping me out with containers. I'd probably still be tearing my hair out over a container function if it wasn't for him. This here is my take on protected storage containers with current scripting limitations.

Protected Containers

Keep your stuff safe with protected containers! You can convert any storage type item into its protected version. Protected containers have a protection mode that can be toggled on or off by their owner. When protection mode is enabled, items in the container are hidden, and any items that you try to add will be dropped. When protection mode is disabled, protected containers behave just like normal containers. Containers initially have no owner when they're placed.

[​IMG]

Making a Protected Container

Protected containers can be crafted at a container modification station, at the cost of one normal version of that container. For instance, you would need one wooden chest in order to craft a protected wooden chest at the container modification station. Container modification stations can be crafted at a crafting table using one wooden crafting table and an iron bar.

[​IMG]

Using a Protected Container

In order to enable to disable protection mode, a lock switch is needed. Lock switches can be crafted in plain crafting with one iron bar. When placed on a wall, a lock switch can be flipped to toggle all protected containers in an 80 block radius that belong to you. If a container doesn't have an owner, then container becomes yours and is toggled. Containers that don't belong to you won't be toggled.

Breaking a Protected Container

Protected containers can't be broken by normal means, and need a special item to be placed inside for them to break. When protection mode is disabled, containers can be broken by placing a container breaker inside. Container breakers can be crafted in plain crafting at no cost.

[​IMG]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Wheaty Mango
    Wheaty Mango
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0
    i really like this mod, very very handy. But i wish it were multiplayer friendly :(
  2. Windcaller
    Windcaller
    5/5,
    Very nice mod! It is important for servers to have safe storage, and so I approve.
  3. subai1990
    subai1990
    5/5,
    really nice MOD it is
  4. Adam05PL
    Adam05PL
    5/5,
    Pretty useful =) Good work with the mod!