1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Ponex Enraged Koala 1.9

A Pony Race for MLP Fans

1. Cainthegamer
    Cainthegamer
    5/5,
    Version: Angry Koala 1.7
    This mod really is amazing ^-^ Altough the songs don't work for me, whenever i find a music instrument and i select one of the songs my game crashes, didn't happen in the last version tough.
  2. brickmaycry
    brickmaycry
    5/5,
    this's awesome! i really like her mane!
  3. dmaynard01
    dmaynard01
    5/5,
    Well done! Elegant and fully thought out mod.
  4. OctaviaDOS
    OctaviaDOS
    5/5,
    Best Pony mod for starbound /)(\
  5. Aridifolia
    Aridifolia
    5/5,
    The race has enough variety in character creation that I can create my favorite MLP characters. It's also fun to play the custom songs to other Ponex villagers at night. A must have mod for MLP fans who play Starbound.
  6. chibibiscuit
    chibibiscuit
    4/5,
    I like the mod, but I have one issue - When installing this mod, along with the "Species Extension" mod, the Floran species disappears (both the icon and the ability to select them as a race). Is this a known issue, and if so, are there any measures I can take to correct this? I kind of like the little bush-heads.
    1. Chandrak
      Author's Response
      Either modify the button position in character creation config, or if you are using the simple extended mod, then I *think* deleting the charcreation.config altogether should fix it; I believe his mod doesnt actually need that file.
  7. IcaSinX
    IcaSinX
    5/5,
    It's pretty awesome and work fine!
  8. TheHalfBit
    TheHalfBit
    4/5,
    Nice quality, albeit missing a few things, then again, these things are pretty much identical to what is missing from the game. brings ponies to Starbound at a good quality, 4/5
  9. Ixmore
    Ixmore
    3/5,
    After poking around with it ( to be honest it wasn't that long), it goes to say that I really want to like this mod but the back story is just a major turn off for me
  10. argetlam
    argetlam
    5/5,
    It`s so beautiful!!! <3
  11. Slug
    Slug
    5/5,
    After playing the race having downloaded it, i can say that the sprites look really nice, the ship looks really cool and unique, and it doesn't matter if I like the show or not, it's a very fun race with very interesting lore.
  12. crazybananaru
    crazybananaru
    5/5,
    I like this mod! :3
  13. eslice13
    eslice13
    4/5,
    It is a really good mod and I think it is pretty simple to install, but i feel as if the characters need underclothing, it just feels weird to see my character fully nude whenever I die.
  14. FFSwolfie5
    FFSwolfie5
    5/5,
    This is relevant to my interests and very well-executed.
  15. El Michos
    El Michos
    5/5,
    its so cool
  16. Knightatronicle
    Knightatronicle
    4/5,
    The installation kinda sucked
  17. Axquirix
    Axquirix
    4/5,
    So, after playing around with this mod a bit, there some parts I like and some I don't. Notably, the head sprites don't fit in with the other characters that much - the eyes are MUCH bigger, and the head is in profile rather than at 3/4s like every other official race, and most custom ones. I think downsizing the eyes to 2x2 pixels instead of 3x4 would look better - still large, and big enough to work some detail onto/around, but not bigger-than-that-guy's-fist large.
    The tail being a part of the hair means that it disappears when some helmets are worn, but I don't really see how else you'd make it function with the limited number of customisation options so not much to be done about it.
    I kind of get why you'd use the Glitch clothing to start with, given that they're a medieval society similar to Equestria, but given that the lore of this mod isn't ponies from Equestria as much as genetically modified humans, more modern/sci-fi clothing might be more appropriate. That's probably be a matter for race-specific clothing rather than just switching to the Hyotl set or something though.
    The voice chosen felt a little odd, because to me it sounds kind of like barking. I'm not saying use sound clips from the show or anything, because everyone sounding like Tara Strong would be even weirder, but maybe a slight review would be good?
    All in all, I love the spirit of this mod, but I feel it still has a ways to go yet. Obviously there's custom armour and the like to sort out, but I feel some of what's already in place could still be improved.
  18. lordrin
    lordrin
    4/5,
    Really enjoying what I've seen so far, looking forward to seeing what evolves from this. Keep up the good work
  19. Polecat
    Polecat
    4/5,
    1. Chandrak
      Author's Response
      There's actually more stuff for OCs coming in the next patch. Also, I'd recommend Kawa's character creation mod, as that one has a huge number of races to support and doesnt require any other work on the part of the mod makers, who are already putting in a lot of work. His works with ANY race mod, not just compatible ones. with you just needing to change a single number in a config file.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/kawas-xbawks-mode-character-creator.81/
  20. dean
    dean
    1/5,
    Poor art, adds nothing to gameplay, seems out of place in Starbound, and contains poorly written lore.

/shrug

It seems that's about all anyone who dislikes this mod can say without having their review deleted.