1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated [Outdated] Planetside Teleporters 2.11

Configurable teleporters for warping from place to place on a planet or ship.

1. Furious Koala Update (v2.00)

Vaeux
    The mod is now updated for Furious Koala. A number of improvements have been made:

• Thanks to API improvements in Furious Koala, coordinates are now planet-specific, and teleporters will refuse to accept coordinates from different planets. This includes a couple extra check digits on the codes used with the coordinate writer. It's still fairly easy to intentionally make abnormal coordinates, however.

• Coordinate items are now thrown (with a click) instead of dropped. You can make a stack of coordinates, and throw one at a time. If you miss a teleporter, or it doesn't like the coordinates you give it, you can pick them back up.

• The delay on polling teleporters and post-teleport cooldowns has been shortened, which should make teleporters feel more responsive. I'm pretty sure this shouldn't have any adverse affects on performance, but let me know if the game seems to run slow when using teleporters.

• Teleporters are now color-coded, based on whether they have valid coordinates, and whether there was a problem with coordinates you tried to give them.

• Most things have unique icons and graphics now. Some of them are simply hue shifted, some of them are minor modifications to existing graphics.

• There are two new toggle items, thrown like coordinate items now are. One is a Lock Toggle, which can be used to lock/unlock a teleporter. A locked teleporter will refuse all coordinates given to it.

• The other is the ReTeleporter Toggle, which I probably should have tried to name better. If a teleporter has ReTeleporting turned on, and it's near a planet's warp-down point, a player who warps down with their teleporter tech active will immediately teleport to its destination.

• The Teleporter Status Reader is a new item, which makes it easier to check the status popup on active teleporters. While holding it, interacting with a teleporter will give you the popup, instead of teleporting you. This could previously be accomplished by simply switching to a different tech, but this is more convenient.
    At this point, the mod is sophisticated enough that I no longer consider it a mere proof of concept. I'm going to be a little stricter about how it can be included in other mods, since I want it to be easy to update as necessary.
Return to update list...