1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Nyan Launcher 0.3

Introducing the Nyan Launcher. Launch cats out of a toaster gun into space!

1. KeyanPrice
    Introducing the Nyan Launcher! Shoot cats from a toaster gun into space.

I made the mod for the greatest co-admin ever, Del of the Starbound Serenity RP server. (Note: This mod won't actually be available on this server because it breaks RP)

The Nyan Launcher is a Nyan Cat firing rocket launcher balanced around the X sector.

The Nyan Launcher is a Nyan Cat firing rocket launcher balanced around the X sector. It is an end game item and can only be crafted once impervium is unlocked.

This the current recipe for the Nyan Launcher:
    [​IMG]

The launcher does most of its damage from the projectile cat while leaving a hologram cat behind which plays music to your enjoyment, but not your enemy's as it pulses out damage to nearby foes.

Installation:

Unpack the .rar into your mods folder.

You should then have a folder called "Nyan Launcher" with folders called "items", "projectiles", and others inside of it.

How to craft:

New Players:

Players created after the mod was added will start with a quest to recieve an item called "Pop-Tart".

The quest is completed once you acquire 10 pixels.

You do not need to eat the Pop-Tart, just picking it up adds the recipe.

The Nyan Launcher is crafted on a robotic crafting table.

Old Players:

Players created before the mod was added will need to create a new character, aquire the Pop-Tart, and trade that to the old Character.

This is the only way I could figure out how to teach a new recipe to an old character.

If anyone knows a better method, please contact me.

FAQ:

Q: Why is the Nyan Cat upside down when facing left while sword swoosh projectiles flip just fine?

A: While the swoosh effects are projectiles just like bullets and my Nyan cat, they are locked on a horizontal axis. The tags used to flip the swoosh also only properly function on that axis. Most projectiles in the game are symmetrical for this reason, so you don't notice that they are upside down. Here is an image:
    [​IMG]

Change log:

v0.3
    - Fixed a newby mistake where I replaced the quests.config instead of merging it.
    - Updated to Furious Koala

v0.2
    - Added Quest to aquire item called "Pop-Tart".
    - Added item called "Pop-Tart" that teaches Nyan Launcher recipie.
    - Removed learning Nyan Launcher recipe with impervium tier.
    - Lowered diamond requirement on Nyan Launcher. This was a mistake and it was never meant to be so expensive.

v0.1
    Initial release.

Created by K. Price

Do not distrubute without approval.

I have plans in the making for a dubstep gun using the Nyan Launcher as a base. Look forward to it!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Svarr Chanston and XupXup like this.

Recent Updates

1. Nyan Launcher v0.3
  2. Nyan Launcher v0.2

Recent Reviews

1. Dzony_B
    Dzony_B
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3
    I like it. It would be even more fun if you could guide it like magic missile from Terraria,and that music plays as long as you guide it.
  2. Del Rose
    Del Rose
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-01-07
    Great! Really fun and original! ;)
  3. BlastRed
    BlastRed
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-01-07
    Hilarious! xD