1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated No Battle Music 1.1b

Removes the intrusive battle music entirely.

1. Archer
    Requested by Creedless, but I thought I'd share it in public anyway, it is compatible with Enraged Koala and will remain compatible with any future version that will not change the client.config file or the way battlemusic works.

It removes the intrusive battle music entirely from the game(play), so you can enjoy the nice and peaceful soundtrack without waaaay too frequent interruptions. It does this by altering some settings in the client.config file while active (so it doesn't get rid of files or something).

Installation instructions: Just unzip the folder inside of the zip into your "mods" folder, do NOT throw the zip in the mods folder or it won't work.

Very simple mod really, but may save headaches for people having trouble with packing/unpacking assets :)

Enjoy!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Aviakio, Crystan, YoupiLala and 3 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. wbbk7knu
    wbbk7knu
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1b
    I don't want to play Starbound with battle music or whatever.
  2. PeNDoS
    PeNDoS
    5/5,
    Cool!
  3. InyBisInsulate
    InyBisInsulate
    5/5,
    A way to remove this annoyingly loud music over the peaceful quiet ones?
    Amazing! Great mod!
  4. radi0n
    radi0n
    5/5,
    Great mod!
  5. Kyu Rizu
    Kyu Rizu
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Must have!
  6. Warhammer40000
    Warhammer40000
    5/5,
    Its a very cool mod for the single or I-shot-random-in-the-air-and-hit- a-mob mobs but i have a question is it possible that the battle music plays when you fight against a boss?
    1. Archer
      Author's Response
      That would require more complicated modding routines, if it is even possible.
  7. puffintoast
    puffintoast
    5/5,
    Hooray for peace and quiet! And a really nice, hot cup of tea.
  8. Schmelvin
    Schmelvin
    5/5,
    Yes! Finally :D I'm so excited to not have battle music interrupt the beautiful exploration soundtrack (not that I don't think the battle music is good, I'd feel bad saying so, but the interruptions are so annoying).

I just made an account to download this. What a difference such a simple thing makes. Breezy install, no issues whatsoever.

Thanks so much!
  9. CJfoks
    CJfoks
    5/5,
    Good idea, this constant music changes annoys me.
  10. Shal
    Shal
    5/5,
    Works perfectly. The exploration music is too good to interrupt.