1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Liquid Pump 1.1

A wire-able liquid pump

1. umbitual
    A small mod to add a liquid pump. It moves liquid from the bottom to one or both of the outputs on the sides. This does not move the liquid very far on its own but will pressurize it so can gain more vertical distance than it appears.

The pump will store up to 10,000 liquid of a single type, which doesn't make it a very efficient storage but prevents having to have a large pool to keep refilling the pump from so you can use it in more confined areas like your ship. (On an totally no mod related note ship windows are not background by default so liquid pours out, be sure to background those if working on your ship) The pump has a 9 space container menu to load liquids into the pump quickly and easily. The pump will refill its internal reservoir from the container in increments of 100 and if pumping in liquid save to it in the same increments. It will use stacks smaller than 100 if that is all that is available so no need to precision piece together liquid stacks. For the observant you will notice that 9*1,000 != 10,000 there is still a 1,000 internal pump reservoir.

If the pump is destroyed with liquid in the reservoir it will attempt to spawn the liquid as an item, if the liquid is an unknown liquid then all the liquid in the pump reserve is spawned at the pump location, which could make quite a mess so the pump is intentionally hard to break (like a teleport) but is movable (unlike a teleport). Liquid in the container drops like an item from a normal destroyed container.

How to Wire the Pump:

Wire a signal to the bottom input to pump liquid into the reserve. Only one time of liquid can be stored at a time.

Wire a signal to one or both of the sides as desired to output the liquid. If both sides are wired then half of the input will be pumped out on each side.

The output is designed to pump liquid sightly slower than the input to keep an even output flow to accommodate the more viscus liquids like oil and lava.

2015-11-07_00003.jpg
    View of pump, noting pump input and outputs. (Wires view not shown, all wires are inputs.)

2015-11-07_00002.jpg View of several indicator colors of the pump reserve from left to right (other, poison, lava, fuel). Water is shown in above image.

To acquire the pump in game:
    1. Download the .zip file and unzip it
    2. Place the folder inside in your mods folder
    3. Use either the admin console or the Tabula Rasa to create the pump
      • admin command: /spawnitem liquidpump
    4. The blueprint will automatically be learned for use at the wiring station on pickup

Notes:
    This should work for all liquids even custom liquids, the pump will use the "other" image for liquids not specifically known.

The container loading will not work for custom liquids because I have to know the liquid id to item name mapping.

This is kinda a large object and a bit hard to use with the way the input is designed, I may make a more compact pump.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    sayter likes this.

Recent Updates

1. Added loading liquid from container menu.

Recent Reviews

1. sayter
    sayter
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    great start, and does what it says it does. I'll be interested in what you do with it from here. Pipes and such would be a godsend :)
    1. umbitual
      Author's Response
      Thank you, I will see what I can do in therms of pipes.
  2. Nightmaster
    Nightmaster
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Good one. The only thing missing is a way to interact with the liquids stored (like a storage) and pipes to let the liquid flow to where we need it.

A sugestion, create a special sewer pipe that connects with the ports of the pump and add the special ability for it to consider any pipe tile directly connected to it, be it on the front tile or background, as an extension of the port. That way you can connect the pump to distant sources of liquids and allow you to pump these same liquids to other distant locations without all the need to manually construc "pipes" for it.
    1. umbitual
      Author's Response
      Thank you.

Yea adding liquids to the storage is currently painfully slow and you can't easily get them back. I discovered this when filling the tanks shown in the second screenshot. If I can figure out how to make a storage menu work properly that would definitely be a great improvement.

As for pipes, I didn't think of that but there is plenty of scenarios where that would be immensely useful.