1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Kobold Race v0.1 Giraffe Like Kobold

A savage race of unintelligent, but adorable kobolds.

1. All kinds of random things and FIRST TIER 2 WEAPON!

CaptainKobold
    So one thing that's been a bit slow on this mod has been getting the weapons and armors actually out. That's partially because we've gone on several big other projects, but now I'm focused in on getting stuff rolled out. My plan is that I'll fill in at least one weapon at each tier FIRST so as to at least allow you to progress through the game. Then things will be added, fixed, changed, etc.

[​IMG]
    I am the night.. Should have taken this at night...

I think that this is a pretty good way for me to balance updates. There are definitely some big, important things in this one (changes to spirit anvil, new spear, hammered weapons) but also some fun stuff (dyeing of wamblers, new object set in the village). Honestly, I'm not one who is going to be able to sit down and create 20 weapons in a day. I'll just get bored with it after a while and I want to keep this all fun. I'm thinking that next time along with the update, I may do some recipe stuff, because kobold cooking seems like it could be fun. And I've got another silly, stupid idea up my sleeve that's connected to the village, but that will have to wait.

(Uh oh, this is looking wall of text-y. To the changelog!)

Changelog:
    • Altered spirit anvil for less weird use with randomization.
      • Coming Soon: New spirit icons
      • Coming Soon: Saying something other than 'Dye'
      • Unfortunately, this makes it a little less clear what to do with spirits, but codexes/quests should fix that.
    • Weapon Changes
      • Given new set up with anvil, you must make a 'hammered weapon' before adding a spirit to it. The first is done at the altar, the second at the spirit anvil. Comes together rather nicely, I think.
      • Made Hammered Sword with Quest Suggesting Making It
      • Added Tier 2 Snake Spear
    • Added kobold pain sound
    • Added new set of objects for village huts.
      • Just one new set of objects and fixed platform space. As you can see, it features a fluffy wambler near some food stuff and a love nest in the other one.
      • Coming Soon: Rebalancing of containers found
      • Coming... Later: Actual Kobold items rather than a mix of Avian and Floran stuff
    • Compatibility
      • Helped make kobold compatible with mods requiring a matter manipulator
      • Began compatability with dye, this will be an ongoing project, but for now ALL of these wamblers.
        [​IMG]
    • General Fixes
      • Removed 3D Printing from basically every kobold object
Return to update list...