1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Kobold Race v0.1 Giraffe Like Kobold

A savage race of unintelligent, but adorable kobolds.

1. SilverTalismen
    SilverTalismen
    5/5,
    Version: v0.1 Giraffe Like Kobold
    I love how it looks and I /sincerely/ hope it updates soon
  2. NigglyWiggly
    NigglyWiggly
    3/5,
    Is this going to be updated anytime soon? It looks really promising, but unfortunately it's pretty out of date right now
  3. Nexus Shotgunner
    Nexus Shotgunner
    5/5,
    I've always wanted a mod where I could play as a Kobold, and I'm glad that a mod for such exists. They're absolutely adorable, naive, and soft. All this tribal stuff you've added into the mod is amazing!
    I see you've gotten inspiration from Dwarf Fortress, heh.

Though, I believe this mod is missing spawners for Kobold villagers, merchants, guards, etc. Also, all the extra challenge of trying to survive as a cutebold is very nice, too. It makes the mod feel worthwhile, I pray that this mod develops faster than the game itself so I can see a whole new content from you.

If only it were fully compatible with other mods like that "Aryan Race" mod (It's based off of Iron Sky, sorta WWII sci-fi) , because when I installed both mods, I only saw the Aryan in the extended modded race selection. Overall, beautiful work, 11/10.
  4. StarLoverNaz
    StarLoverNaz
    5/5,
    I really love this mod and can't wait for all the stuff to be updated to upbeat giraffe! :D
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much! I'm hoping to get it more running in the near future!
  5. Xalver
    Xalver
    1/5,
    Version: v0.72 Wraithful Hammers
    the spears are non directional, and the basic digging tool should have been left in.

revising the mod to have this will help alot!
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the input! The spears will in the next update become directional, but at this time I don't think there is plan to re-institute the base digging tool as a starting item. That said, I've been toying with ideas related to stealing more advanced technology in order to get those! It may depend slightly upon where the base game goes!
  6. Burly_Jim
    Burly_Jim
    5/5,
    Hey there, just started messing with your mod and am greatly enjoying it. Did run into a weird thing though, the first village I went into was almost totally empty save for three 'bolds, and had about 50 houses in a row with a little fire to the left. Really skeeved me out.
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      That sounds like it shouldn't have happened that way! Hopefully we'll have a new version out soon (production starting again) which should fix that up. It'd say there's a good chance it's a leftover testing thing I forgot to switch.
  7. Wiredwrong
    Wiredwrong
    5/5,
    Great work, very nicely done with the unique weapon generation and the nice refreshing challenge it presents. Do you plan to update the ship/respawn animations with a custom ones eventually?
  8. epicness403
    epicness403
    5/5,
    Version: v0.712 Mostly Bugfixes
    Great mod very nice to have a quest-line however how do you use the spirit anvil?
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much!

We're definitely still playing with how the spirit anvil works a little bit. The way that you use it is a little limited currently (because we're still working on adding in ALL of the various weapons), but basically you create a hammered weapon at the altar to Arrengee and then put the hammered weapon and a matching spirit on the spirit anvil!

Currently (with what I think this version has) the available weapons are an iron wolf broadsword and a steel snake spear. Next version there should be quite a bit more, though it may not all be fully redesigned yet.
  9. Aidan
    Aidan
    5/5,
    Version: v0.711 Monstrously HotFix
    Works amazing and looks amazing, one of my personal favorite custom races.
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much! We're working on getting some more data out to make it more enjoyable soon!
  10. Chompy
    Chompy
    5/5,
    Version: v0.711 Monstrously HotFix
    My favorite race, unique and adorable. Can't wait to see what's next. :)
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much! I'm very glad you like it!
  11. Holgast
    Holgast
    5/5,
    Version: v0.71 Spear You The Pun
    I was planning to dock a star for almost no custom object descriptions, but hey, that's a lot of work and I suppose it's not a priority for people that don't obsessively check objects like me.

Kobolds are cute, fuzzy, adorable, and great fun to play. I've mentioned a few points in my post in the conversation, and in the stream I did today, that I feel need to be tweaked a bit, but you've put a hell of a lot of work into making kobolds feel unique. I was really impressed by the new codices - I need to step up my game!
    Looking forward to whatever you've got cooked up next. It's great to have a race mod which makes you feel like you don't need to rush to the finish.
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      You know what, I can prioritize some of that into the next version! I'm thinking that I'll add it as a thing to kind of idly do when I'm not feeling like actually working on the mod. Perhaps it'd be a good thing to do while watching TV or something.

Thank you very much! I'm quite glad that you liked it! I'm sorry that while you were playing you hit upon so many odd problems! I've just run the very same version of the mod you were playing and my little villager bolds were clothed and talkative! Hmmm... Quite odd, let's talk and figure out if there is an incompatibility somewhere!

I'll also be strengthening the explanation of how the spirit working works. I'm thinking a codex...

Speaking of which, I'm realizing I should totally put in some non-depressing codexes. You found 2 Forlorn dexes and the Wolf Callers one, which (while not quite as sad as the Forlorn) also isn't exactly sparkles and rainbows!

Really what it comes down to is that my next upload will almost definitely contain more sparkles and rainbows, but they will probably be metaphorical ones.
  12. Mythoria
    Mythoria
    5/5,
    Version: v0.7 Pants & Wamblers
    Really enjoyable mod and loving this update. Had to keep at least ONE wambler.
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      Not going to lie to you, the second I saw BucketLamp's wambler, I realized I was going to have to have a wambler pet of some kind. Once pets are more implemented, I may make it follow you.

Thank you for the review! :)
  13. Tani Vickson
    Tani Vickson
    5/5,
    Version: v0.61 Enraged Kobold
    I adore this mod. :> I enjoy the little backstory for Kobolds on space ships too.

As a minor fix (if this issue is not known yet), perhaps the torch placement could have the matter manipulator removed and just holding a torch or such? It seems a tad out of place, especially when no matter manipulator is at all available.
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much! I'm hoping to expand that backstory a bit in continuing codexes, quests, etc.

I really wish that I could fix the fact that things are placed with the matter manipulator! When I first switched it out and got ready to play I was devastated when I realized it still appears. Unfortunately, I don't think that it is currently possible to change how that works. I've considered simply making the matter manipulator part of the mod (given there is quite a bit of other stuff to set the kobolds apart), but am still torn on that issue.

If you have any thoughts on that (or anything else!) please let me know! Always awesome to have input!
  14. KnightTemplar
    KnightTemplar
    5/5,
    Version: v0.61 Enraged Kobold
    I love the mod! Also, have an idea for a custom ship: Kobold together (cobbled) with bits of what they have scavenged, all held together by a huge altar of Arrengee
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much! There currently is work being done on the ship actually! A very generous third party has offered their help in creating it. I can't wait to see it and bring it to the mod!
  15. CautionCat
    CautionCat
    5/5,
    Version: v0.6 Dances with 'Bolds
    I love it! Adorable as all hell, and the uniqueness of the mod with the race makes the game completely different. Flavor text makes it the most!
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much! I'll be sure to keep up the koboldiness of the flavor text!

The mod will definitely be getting more unique as we're moving into this next step of spirit weaponry. Expect fun things much like the wolf sword!
  16. telles0808
    telles0808
    5/5,
    Version: v0.6 Dances with 'Bolds
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much! I'm probably going to stick with the kobolds for quite a while yet as I don't know that I have time to juggle two race mods at the moment! I've got my hands filled with the little guys and the cross-race mod as it is (and maaaaay be working on a third little project...)

As for those lizards, have you seen the Amfin? I feel like they may be a bit similar, though I'll admit to not knowing a ton about them!

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/amfin.254/
  17. The Element
    The Element
    5/5,
    Version: v0.5 Altarbolds
    Other than Grey Aliens this is Race is my most played. The storyline helps me play in that inferior role but I also have got some pretty nice stuff which help bring the pain! I played all the way til 5 am this morning :o OOPS and Beat the second boss already, must tell you I LOVE this! Thank You for this mod me and my GF play This race side by side and she loves how adorable her CuteBold is mine of course is a more fluffy Manly Warrior ;)

PS found one bug "I think" when swimming up and jumping up out of water and back into water I could see my gear switch to pink undies and then back lol.
    Do you have plans for a custom ship? Maybe through tiers they create there own? IDK

Anyways thanks! Your going to the top with this mod! Look forward to more Kobold content.
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying with the GF! I do feel like part of the inherent fun of the 'bolds is the mix of fierce warrior on cute little beasties!

Thank you for the call on that! Do you happen to know what kind of gear it was that had that happen? I'll take a look and see if I can't figure it out, but I'll send you a message as well to check on it.

We actually have someone who has offerred to make a custom ship so I believe that it is in the works! When that happens, the starting quests may alter somewhat in order to match what things look like. I'm very excited for it, seeing this other modder's previous work!

Thank you again and I certainly hope so! Coming today should be another update with some very cool wolf stuff and I'll send you a message with a question or two if you don't mind!
  18. Solifuge
    Solifuge
    5/5,
    Version: v0.37 Hot Fix Hot Fix
    Here from the DF Forums. Great work on these guys! First downloaded this when the names were borked, so I tweaked it for a more DF-style naming scheme (http://pastebin.com/Bvi1ME4s). Also tweaked it to fit with a few mods, primarily MadTulips Spaceship Mod (http://bit.ly/1bH35Z8), in prep for a screenshot LP. Thanks again!
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much! Woo DF forums! Its been entirely too long since I've been on those. Such a fun community.

I love that name gen setup. Would you mind if I stole it for kobold first names? I'd credit you, of course! I'm also hoping to add more of that kind of available compatibility in the next patch, I'll look into adding a quick method to switch in for that mod! In case the cross racial communication mod didn't make this obvious, I'm big on mod compatibility.
  19. Aidan
    Aidan
    5/5,
    Version: v0.36 Hot-Fix+
    Kobold is a great race and its super fun to play as
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it!
  20. Cheremenin
    Cheremenin
    5/5,
    Version: v0.3 Villager Bold
    DEEKIN
    1. CaptainKobold
      Author's Response
      I've added that as an automatic name now! :)