1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Hull Plating Blocks & More 35.0 (Concrete Tileset)

Blocks that resemble parts from ship backgrounds, plus some other odds and ends.

1. Ship Trim, as I Originally Wanted It

simulatoralive
    To start with, this version (31.0) is an experimental release, because I need some volunteers to go out and try some really odd stuff for me, that may crash the game. Please backup your data before you play with this release. More on the experiment(s) after I explain the new features.

The current stable release is also still available from the same page you get re-directed to for downloads.

This release adds a series of "Trim Tool" items and a "Brass Pipe Tool" item that are used to place ship trim (and pipe) over the top of existing blocks, in the foreground or background. Left clicking places over foreground blocks and right clicking places over background blocks.

You learn the recipes for these devices from the Racial Ship Trim Plans (for trim) and the alternate Racial Hull Plans (for the pipe). They're made at the Metalwork Station or the Replicator.

Now for the experiment: I need you to try these tools on any and every block you can. If there's a crash, please report it in the discussion thread. I'll need to know which block you were placing the trim/pipe over and which tool you were using. I will also need a copy of your Starbound log from the crash (to help me understand exactly what caused it). If all is well and no crash happened, please let me know that, too.

I've tried this myself on lots of blocks (apex hull plating blocks, wood, stone, dirt, unrefined wood, quite a few artificial vanilla blocks) and seen no crash. I just need more extensive testing before I'll feel comfortable marking this for general use. I'm being cautious because the author of the Lua script I'm using claimed it did cause crashes in previous releases of the game.

I'd also like to publicly thank Zoomah for letting me re-purpose the Lua code from the Staff of Regrowth mod, which made this release possible.

Here's an example of what this update can do:
    Hull Plating Blocks (Material Modifiers).jpg
    DaedricShadow and Mackinz like this.
Return to update list...