1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Gearion Race Mod 1.2

Adds a new race: the Gearions!

1. ChaosThe13
    Hello!

This mod adds a new race, which has inspiration from the armed scout robots from Cave Story, the Gearions. The mod includes a starter weapon, the Old GreatSaw, which can be upgraded into the Shadow GreatSaw, and the Devouring GreatSaw. This mod is a work-in-progress, so it does not have racial armors or weapons.

SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
    Character Creation (showing male gearion)
    [​IMG]
    Character Creation (showing female gearion)
    [​IMG]
    Male gearion welding an Old GreatSaw

In the future, the mod may include:

- Racial armor
    - Racial weapons
    - A unique ship
    - A Gearion mech tech
    - New ores
    - New planet biomes

This is my first mod, so you can expect some bugs.
    I won't be able to update this mod that much, so feel free to contribute!
    And finally, a big thanks to Daimoth for making Daim's Dummies, which allowed me to make this.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. gearionmodscreenshot.png
    2. gearionmodscreenshot1.png
    3. gearionmodscreenshot2.png

Recent Updates

1. 1.2 update!
  2. A small mess-up...

Recent Reviews

1. Grillby
    Grillby
    4/5,
    Version: 1.2
    This looks amazing, hope you'll decide to update it to pleased giraffe!
  2. Mercenary14
    Mercenary14
    5/5,
    question whats that race next to yours in the pic?
    1. ChaosThe13
      Author's Response
      the race to the left is novakid+, and the race to the right is dark elite.
  3. Darck
    Darck
    4/5,
    I so far find this rather well done for a first timer. I only give it four stars however - as I made a Gearion and had a generic object on me, which suggests I am missing something, or something with the race is broken. I also happen to notice it mirrors the humans a bit more than I would have liked. But, the humans were clearly used as a base, so I do not mind. So far, I rather like this Gearion race.

I do so hope that it has updates soon. Anticipating what you shall add into it next.
    1. ChaosThe13
      Author's Response
      Well, I am happy that you don't mind it. I am probably going to change it in the future, but still having it somewhat resemble a human. And about the generic item, I have no idea what is going on with that, it could be conflicting with a different mod, or a file may be missing.
  4. vadafan
    vadafan
    5/5,