1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Departmento Munitorum - Commissariat Version 4.6

Imperial Commissar Uniforms and Weapons (Warhammer 40K)

1. Nicoll&Dime
    "The fires through which we pass in this life are but the light of the Emperor's forge. Our triumphs and tragedies are the heat by which we are tempered into weapons fit for his service."
    — Commissar Captain Jourian Al'Eutar, Gunmetallicus 41st

Welcome, thanks for checking out this mod! Any questions, please ask.

NEWS - 4/28/2014 - MOVING HOUSE

All, apologies for the lack of updates. I am moving house and undergoing some life-changes - big stuff. I'll try to get the mod back on track as soon as possible.

examples_1.jpg example_2.jpg

Power Klaw

klaw.gif.gif klaw_cut_mine.gif

Void Shield Combat

void3.gif.gif.gif

Bale Eye - augmetic eyes in the dark

bale-eye.gif

Bolt Pistol - exploding rounds

new_bolt_explode.gif.gif

What is this?
    I'm a moderate Warhammer 40k fan, never played the Gamesworkshop tabletop game, but I am a fan of the literature from the Black Library.

This mod provides the uniforms and weapons of an Officer of the Imperial Commissariat - a Commissar. It will evolve over time and I have a roadmap which I'll be following-ish, depending on my free time. I have children and a full time job, so please bear with me if updates aren't as fast as you'd expect!

Current Features
    • Full Tabula Rasa support.
    • Female/Male Commissar Uniform with peaked cap, long coat and breeches.
    • Male uniform includes a plush cloak.
    • Delane Oktar's Chainsword with sound effects (2 different effects in sfx folder).
    • Ibram Gaunt's Bolt Pistol - a slow shooting, heavy hitting Bolt Pistol with exploding area-of-effect damage rounds.
    • Commissar Yarrick's "Bale-Eye" - night and zoom vision
    • Commissar Yarrick's Ork Power Klaw - an aimable melee weapon!
    • Commissar Yarrick's Void Shield - a backitem shield which offers a great deal of protection at the expense of Energy Regen.
    • Craftable from the basic crafting menu (for easy access).

There is a single uniform which changes depending on whether your character is male or female. The male variant is that of a Lord/General Commissar while the Female is of a lower rank (or she prefers to dress more practically).

To Be Implemented
    • Improved Chainsword slash animation.
    • Less gaudy Male uniform version (think Ciaphas Cain).
    • Animated Chainsword. (as soon as Chucklefish allow animated melee!)
    • Commissariat Staff-Car tech.
    • A ton of fixes...

Bugs and Testing
    I have tested this mod extensively and haven't come across any big issues, however if you have problems, PLEASE TELL ME. I'd hate to break anyone's game. One thing that has not been tested is the climbing animation - I have yet to see my characters from the rear, so this may look funky until I can review. (I don't even know if Characters CAN climb yet - can they?)

If you have problems, please don't write a negative review without letting me resolve the issue.

Install
    The best/safest thing to do would be;
    1. Go into your game.
    2. Trash EVERYTHING to do with this mod. Clothes, weapons, etc.
    3. Save and quit.
    4. Delete the mod from your mod folder.
    5. Download and unpack the new version to your mod folder.

Thanks! Enjoy.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Images

1. eye1.gif
    2. eye2.gif
    3. Klawchomp1.gif
    4. Klawchomp2.gif.gif
    5. Klawchomp3.gif.gif.gif

Recent Reviews

1. Okemeka
    Okemeka
    5/5,
    Version: Version 4.6
    Amazing for pretending you're a dirt bag pinko. Really wish it'd get updated though...
    1. Nicoll&Dime
      Author's Response
      Yo! Belated reply. It will be updated "soon". Mod isn't abandoned, but I need to learn how to implement a lot of the cool new stuff Chucklefish have added recently.
  2. Dubovorot
    Dubovorot
    5/5,
    Version: Version 4.6
    Love WH40k universe =) If only someone did Tau Empire mod ...
  3. Gefreiter
    Gefreiter
    5/5,
    Version: 4.5
    EPIC!
  4. sveciadash
    sveciadash
    5/5,
    Version: 4.5
    Time to smite some heretics in the name of the god emperor
  5. Canadian Sergal
    Canadian Sergal
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    Excellent work on the art and I love how accurate the Pistol is.
  6. Pixelmc
    Pixelmc
    5/5,
    great mod for those looking for more outfits :) ( P.S, is this compatible with the spawnable items mod )
    1. Nicoll&Dime
      Author's Response
      Hey, thanks for the review! I'm not sure if it's compatible with that mod I'm afraid - try it and let me know! :) It will be fully compatible with The Tabula Rasa in the next version though.
  7. isaac.wen
    isaac.wen
    5/5,
    thx for the heads up, i really dig the new cap and the cloak, it would be great if u can still keep the old one rather than replace it, btw the sfx the chainsword does is kinda annoyingXD
    1. Nicoll&Dime
      Author's Response
      Totally agree on the chainsword sfx :/ Will work on that. I'm hoping to provide a separate male uniform in the next release :o
  8. isaac.wen
    isaac.wen
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    detailed, cool looking, have to get this, even for a non WH fan, great job!
    1. Nicoll&Dime
      Author's Response
      Thanks! Please check out version 2.0 and Review/Rate if it's to your satisfaction :) Any problems or suggestions, please post!
  9. gravis24
    gravis24
    5/5,
    great work!!
  10. ThisIsPatrick
    ThisIsPatrick
    4/5,
    looks really nice already, looking forward to the promised updates ;>