1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

CIPHER Ship AI v1.0

Bill Cipher's become your ship AI! Ready to make a deal?

1. CIPHER minus... well, CIPHER.

Febilian
    At this time I am unable to update the text for the AI scenarios without messing with other race mod AI speech as well(I can only seem to adjust the 'default' speech text, which means that anything will default to it, even other mods).

To avoid unwanted interaction in that way, CIPHER currently only visually updates SAIL's graphics.

I want to do the "text replacement" stuff I did in early access versions of Starbound... I really do. But between the options of "don't update at all until...
  2. Not much change.

Febilian
    - Tech/implant description text has been changed slightly to better fit Bill’s style of speech

I have not been able to test it EXTENSIVELY with Glad Giraffe but as far as I know none of the AI stuff really changed, so this is just a quick note that yeah, it seems to be working, and I did update one of the files ever-so-slightly.

This has been ready for a while now but I forgot to upload it once the forums were back.
  3. Darn you, stray punctuation!

Febilian
    - The button text for repairing the ship's thrusters no longer has a ' at the end of it. How did I miss that for so long?

Race mod support has been updated to reflect this change as well(and a few races have been given support, go check it out on the main page!)
  4. CIPHER AI! Now with even more snark and personality than ever before!

Febilian
    - Pop-up AI messages(such as the ones in missions and whatnot) now give more Bill-like 'advice' and musings when they show up.*

- Bill's reactions to people attempting to upgrade matter manipulators/ships/etc without the sufficient materials are now more consistently the "yell"(the angry) emote. Some were and some weren't, so now all of them should be the same thing.

* Disclaimer: Bill is probably not much of a good influence and much of his 'advice' should not be taken very seriously....
  5. Now with 100% less looping while Bill gives you condescending looks!

Febilian
    - Somehow managed to figure out how to prevent an AI animation from looping if you only want it to show once and then pause on the last frame before it fades! The result is that if you try to submit something you don't have, when Bill gives you that through-the-fourth-wall "...really?" look, it doesn't loop itself repeatedly for the duration of the emote!

Feb spent all day figuring this out. Feb just wanted a nice Bill Cipher AI mod. Feb did not anticipate needing to fix this many...
  6. Another day, another directory mishap. Bleh.

Febilian
    - Renamed the 'tutorials' quest directory to 'tutorial' which should actually allow it to work properly now

- Moved the 8th tutorial quest into the 'tutorial' directory where it was supposed to be to begin with.

The only thing this affects is characters who have yet to complete the tutorial quests, anyone else won't see the changes if they've already finished them. Basically the eighth tutorial quest references SAIL while the others don't, and I had the file that tells the game "hey, look...
  7. Quick fix for some quest patch paths

Febilian
    I forgot a "/" in front of some paths and it was making things not work right. I think I got them all, though...

Will update the custom race support in the next few minutes to include this fix as well.
  8. C.I.P.H.E.R. - Now with an estimated 99% reduction of S.A.I.L. references!

Febilian
    - Tweaked most vanilla quest files to refer to S.A.I.L. as “your ship’s AI” and similar phrasings instead of “S.A.I.L.” to improve immersion with this AI mod(and possibly others that change the name from S.A.I.L.); if other mods mess with the same quest text entries this might cause problems. If this happens to become an issue in the future I’ll revert the mod to once again not affect quests at all for the sake of compatibility.

- Fixed a stray apostrophe at the end of one of the 'you do...
  9. What the heck is a "Psycopath" supposed to be anyways? (i.e. more typo fixes)

Febilian
    - Fixed the SAIL window title having the word 'Psycopathic" on it instead of the intended "Psychopathic." I really don't know how I went so long without noticing that.

- The Erchius Mining Facility mission text shouldn't be missing the word "need" in one of the later sentences anymore, which makes the phrase much more understandable overall.
  10. Guess who forgot to properly implement a change in the previous recent version...

Febilian
    - Really and truly fixed the text being white instead of the very pale color it is supposed to be.

Ugh. I really should've caught that the first time, that the text isn't WHITE. It's just another very pale color by default...

The two current mod race versions(found on the main page) have also been updated with these changes.