1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Celestar Race 0.3.0 Upbeat Overhaul

This mod adds a vibrantly colorful race of extragalactic nomads to the game.

1. Small Additions

Auren
    Holy crap an update, kind of lost the mood to play Starbound for a bit which meant I wasn't working on this mod at all.

To kind of shake the dust off a bit I mostly stuck to adding aesthetic items and a few other changes. Hoping to get back into continuing the armor at some point, but I figured I'd start with simpler stuff first.

The biggest change in this update is a redesigned starship. With the eventual release of upgradable ships I figured I'd shrink down the Celestar's spacecraft to the default size and add larger upgrades once the new system is added. I uploaded a screenshot of the new ship.

If you still have an existing save game this change will likely break it. I recommend starting a new character.

Other changes in this update include additions to the Fabricator object:
    • Exo Stone. By restructuring common soils from these new worlds, the Celestar are able to synthesize the stone material once found on their long-lost homeworld.
      • Requires 3 Dirt.
    • Exo Platform. By restructuring wooden planks, the Celestar are able to synthesize a wood-like material into wooden platforms.
      • Requires 2 Wood Platforms.
    • Exo Door. A standard Celestar door.
      • Requires 20 Exo Stone.
    • Exo Light. A synthesized violet crystal that illuminates and provides warmth to a small area.
      • Requires 1 Torch, 1 Exo Stone and 20 Pixels.
    Please note that in this update all of these new items are available from Tier 1 since I want to test them out a bit. However, some time in the future I will make them available only from the Fabricator object which is a Tier 2 item.
Return to update list...