1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Buildable Custom Shipworld File/Mod (UPBEAT GIRAFFE) Version 1.2a

This is a .shipworld file and a mod which both let you build your own ship in Upbeat Giraffe.

1. Skhmt
    [​IMG]

Why make this?
    Because I haven't seen anyone else release one yet for Upbeat Giraffe.

What exactly does it do?
    Gives you a MASSIVE build area to make your own ship, block by block. Recent testing shows that the build area is essentially a planet 2048 blocks wide, meaning if you made a 2048 block long path it'd wrap around and touch itself. This includes ample amounts of ship-specific building materials such as captains chairs, storage lockers, etc, from each race's color scheme. It also includes numerous engine thrusters... they differ by the sprite alignment when placed.

There are two options to use this, a .shipworld replacer and a full mod. The .shipworld replacer replaces your current ship with a brand new ship as seen in the screenshot. The full mod makes all races' ships of all tier levels into the buildable ship, but the ship locker isn't prepopulated with ship building items. Instead, you get them after picking up your flashlight for the first tutorial quest. The full mod won't change any of your current ships but will allow you to progress in tiers and keep your buildable ship (with possibly some small cleanup after each upgrade). The .shipworld replacer lets you change your current ship without using the mod. Both are multiplayer compatible, but the mod only works if you upgrade your ship at SAIL offline. If you're running a server, I do NOT recommend using the mod as an official mod.

Installing the .shipworld replacer
    1) Go into starbound\giraffe_storage\player
    2) Find your character's .shipworld file
    3) MAKE A BACKUP OF THAT FILE SOMEWHERE SAFE
    4) Rename this mod's .shipworld file to your character's .shipworld file

Installing the full mod
    1) Put the "buildaship" folder into your starbound\giraffe_storage\mods folder
    2) MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR PLAYER FOLDER BEFORE USING THIS MOD

Custom races
    I'm not supporting custom races for the "mod" portion of this. You can still use the .shipworld replacer as normal, but you'll of course lose any custom race-specific built-in ship just as you would a vanilla built-in ship.

Tips and tricks
    You can reset your spawnpoint to the location you're standing on by typing:
    /admin
    /setspawnpoint
    /admin

You can also protect your ship by typing:
    /admin
    /settileprotection 65532 true
    /settileprotection 65535 true
    /admin

You can turn it off by changing "true" to "false".

Please let me know if you have any suggestions!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recent Reviews

1. Pre-alpha-Player
    Pre-alpha-Player
    2/5,
    Version: Version 1.2a
    I would like to give a better rating but this mod isn't compatible with other mods. Some of which change the game entirely. Also It doesn't work with Novakids, which are my favorite race.
  2. hazeuk
    hazeuk
    5/5,
    THis Mod is amazing still works on Glad GIraffe
  3. 43DarkNero
    43DarkNero
    5/5,
    It's nice. can't wait to build my ship
  4. HusamPL
    HusamPL
    5/5,
    Awesome, Thanks for this mod! :)
  5. MD599
    MD599
    5/5,
    this mod is epic i made a floating city SO COOL would buy again fast shipping XD
  6. TREV24
    TREV24
    5/5,
    use it for every character and file I play on. great for everything mod. cant think of any downsides to this mod. 100/10
  7. myomi13
    myomi13
    5/5,
    Thanks for making this! Getting ship size upgrades to is way outta sync with how much clutter accumulates and I prefer to find the ideal planet for building especially since all characters start on the same planet and it takes a good chunk of time to leave just to leave the solar system.
  8. Dragonazul97
    Dragonazul97
    5/5,
    coooooooooooool
  9. oO_Panda_Oo
    oO_Panda_Oo
    5/5,
    Thank you so much for having this out for Upbeat Giraffe so early~
  10. nicholasb05
    nicholasb05