1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Book of Spirits - NPC & Monster Name Displayer BookOfSpirits_v2

Display the names of the npcs and monsters you interact/attack(Like in Castlevania games)

1. Chofranc
    Display the names of the npcs and monsters you interact/attack(Like in Castlevania games).
    This mod is client sided(i will explain in more detail below). It can be installed mid-game and can be safely unnistalled.

It should be compatible with anything. Mods that add new NPCs and Monster can add built-in support by their authors or other users can make patches for them to display their names and title correctly.

Client side note: While is not neccessary for all the clients to have this mod installed, if the server doesn't have this mod installed but the client does, the mod will not work for clients(doesn't crash or causes log errors or lag).

[h1]New Modding Guide[/h1]
    I have made a new guide for patching/supporting the mod for modders. You can find The Guide Here.

[h3]PM on discord if you have any doubts or need help with adding support: chofranc[/h3]

NEW BIG UPDATE 2.0

This update adds some stuff that i had pending from the release.
    • Generated Monster now have names and custom title which is based on their type and parts patterns. The current list only uses the head for the name since i think that is enough, but more part patterns can be added to affect the name.
    • Rare variants of monsters now have custom title to identify them easier.
    • Added custom title for elite monsters.
    • Added a Steam Guide to make it easier to understand how to patch/support the mod for modders.

[h1]Credits[/h1]
    Thanks to Silver Sokolova for the help of mod detection script("bookofspirits_interact_support.lua").
    Thanks to Poinefor the updated version for generic monsters.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. starbound_1ZU2Swm5Nm.png
    2. starbound_4shDRCZ4KP.png
    3. starbound_V5k5wWt9bp.png
    4. starbound_REGjIWb5U0.png
    5. starbound_Gg8oVWJfqd.png

Recent Updates

1. Generated Monster Update
  2. v.161
  3. v1.6