1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Advanced Weaponizer 5-13-14

Five million weapons and counting!

1. ReijiGazpacho
    Inspired by the Advanced Weaponiser[sic] mod for TF2, the goal of this mod is to add even more weapons to further enhance the variety of Starbound's combat system. All of these new weapons can be found as treasure or dropped by mini-bosses. So far, the new weapons include, but are not limited to:

Bomb Hammer
    [​IMG]
    A variation of the Bone Hammer with emphasis on terrain destruction. What can I say, I like mining-weapon hybrids. And speaking of hybrids...

Hybrid Weapons
    [​IMG]
    The star or the show. The very definition of overkill, but not in terms of damage. These weapons are made with parts of the default craftable weapons, all sized and positioned to complement any handle-blade combination. You might never find two identical weapons due to the sheer amount of variety these weapons have. To give you an idea of how much variety I'm talking about here:
    • 29 blades * 35 handles * 800 color palettes = 812,000 spear combinations
    • 29 blades * 21 handles * 1,800 color palettes = 1,096,200 hammer combinations
    • 31 blades * 35 handles * 3,000 color palettes = 3,255,000 broadsword combinations
    Considering this apparent trend of each hybrid weapon type being more diverse than the previous one, I'll make a second pass through all of them once I make all six types. Let's see just how many different weapons can exist!

And since these weapons are so diverse, there are also Hybrid Weapon Generators that can be crafted at a Metalwork Station for 5 Iron Bars and 400 Pixels. Simply place and smash to get yourself a random Hybrid Weapon!

Aperture Core
    There's too many to redact 'em all! Annoy your enemies to death with Wheatley's lack-of voice, or with whatever core yours happens to look like! At least that space-obsessed one finally got his wish...
    It's too big. Too big. Wanna go home. Wanna go to earth.

Flare Gun
    [​IMG]
    Inspired by the Flare Gun family of weapons from Team Fortress 2, these weaponized fireworks will set any target on fire! Includes both Flare Gun and Detonator projectiles. With 8 barrels, 4 middles, 4 butts, and 40 color palettes, there are 5,120 unique flare gun combinations.

Throwable Weapons!
    So far only one throwable item has been added: ChuckleGrenades! These little Pufferfish act like normal bombs, but instead of turning the world into swiss cheese, it sends out several needles to turn your enemies into swiss cheese! These can be crafted from just 75 Pixels at your neighborhood Metalwork Station.

Changes to vanilla weapons/Other changes:
    [​IMG]
    The Candy Cane texture has been rebuilt to include nine different palettes, as shown here. They can be obtained just like any other vanilla weapon and can have elemental attributes (fire, poison, etc).

The Frying Pan now has 15 palettes, and can also have elemental attributes.

A new Ice attribute has been added to all Hybrid and Uncommon weapons, as well as the Candy Cane and Frying Pan. Similar to the Uncommon Crossbow's ice bolts, an ice weapon will make enemies move more slowly.

More to come!
    You better believe there's going to be more! I left a Todo list in the mod folder, so you can see what I have in mind. Crazy stuff, I'm tellin' ya.
    If you have an idea that you'd like me to try and make, let me know! The more ideas I get, the more weapons there will be!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. apinanaivot
    apinanaivot
    5/5,
    Version: 5-13-14
    I updated the hybrid weapons of this mod to the latest starbound version in my mod Weapon Megapack
  2. ChocolateMan>:3
    ChocolateMan>:3
    5/5,
    Looks awesome, great job!
  3. Xavier Darkheart
    Xavier Darkheart
    5/5,
    I really miss this mod, it gave a lot of spice to the random loot in the universe.
  4. EpicNomming
    EpicNomming
    5/5,
    Sad to see this without being updated :(
  5. Creative Name
    Creative Name
    5/5,
    It's awesome so far, But I'm not lucky: I ALWAYS GET HYBRID SPEARS AND FRYING PANS!
  6. Pixelguru26
    Pixelguru26
    5/5,
    I love it! I'm always a fan of clever graphical generation systems. This one is particularly useful!
    btw, the space-obsessed core is just called the 'space core'.
  7. Epic Wizard
    Epic Wizard
    4/5,
    Everything is perfect,but all my chest in system beta contain only weapons from your mod.Is this a bug or something?
  8. Skyreacher701
    Skyreacher701
    5/5,
    Cool
  9. BlackDaemon
    BlackDaemon
    5/5,
    Such wise weapons expansion is what vanilla version lacks, definitely makes playing experience much more fun! :)
  10. Mannejoeba
    Mannejoeba
    5/5,
    Version: 4-30-14
    I have the same complaint as sigandr. I beat up a bigger, glowy red monster. It dropped a weapon with air in the name, that appeared to be the ring boomerang. It did absolutely no damage. Please fix this issue, it will make this mod absolutely perfect.