1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Favorite Race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DialgaTheTimeLord, Feb 7, 2015.

1. EpsilonRho

EpsilonRho Void-Bound Voyager

Do you know how humans mate? It's really fun... Until around the 9th month after.

2. Anciendraak

Anciendraak Star Wrangler

Depends. Mod = Avali. Advanced race with advanced culture, yet still pack mentality. People creatures with high tech = fun times.

No mods, I'd have to go with Florans. Don't know how long I've seen just picking apart their lore and speculated on their creation, reasoning, and stabbing abilites. Know how many ways you can sssstab a space alien, or the most effective form to do so? I don't. Florans don't either. But they are DAMN intent on finding out.

Plus they pushed an entire race of more civilized people out of their own home planet with limited intelegence and despite that limitation they can reverse engineer FTL space ships using scrap, plantlife, and their own ability to innately read and understand binary.

Plants are God-damn terrifying. ;A;

Freakscar likes this.
  3. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

Besides, does it matter? Birds also aren't SUPPOSED to have titties, but Chucklefsh certainly makes no attempt
    to conceal the fact that avians are at least as tittysome as humans. Sometimes I can even see my own sexy birdman man-nips.

Mills likes this.
  4. CmereSweetHeart

CmereSweetHeart Subatomic Cosmonaut

Avians are birds

ducks are abominations

avian has cloaca butt love

now shh

5. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

And what sort of oh-so-much-more-wonderful thing do Florans do?

6. braydon

braydon Phantasmal Quasar

What the... I thought this was about what race was your favorite not where baby birds come from...

7. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

One of the ex-developers, Rhopunzel, made a blog post about that.
    It was made before she left development, but whether or not it's canon is a bit debatable...

8. CmereSweetHeart

this gif is an abomination that should be used to describe those nasty bird people

but the egg sac thing makes sense

9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Why I hate Hylotls: Today, I was looking at the ones in my fish tank, when one said to me: "I'm sorry you're oppressed and pathetic." I'm an Apex, in case you were wondering. Anyway, my chefs are currently preparing a huge seafood meal for my cat.

Purple shawl likes this.
  10. braydon

braydon Phantasmal Quasar

@CmereSweetHeart
    Cloaca butt love my ass.

Wait a minute.... that doesn't sound right....

SoopaDerpcat likes this.
  11. Fina

Fina Title Not Found

Perhaps my Hylotl kin was simply making a sarcastic remark based on his/her current plight. You know there's nothing like being stuck in a tank with impending doom looming over you tor really bring out the linguistic bitterness. :rofl:

My favourite has always been Hylotl, mainly based on the appearance, and I feel I can really create a deep character narrative. I do love the idea of the glitch though.

The Squid likes this.
  12. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

The world wants more Floran
    [​IMG]

TrueEdge likes this.
  13. CmereSweetHeart

Now that is what I like

14. fuzzyzombielove

fuzzyzombielove Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure you quite understand what a cloaca is.

It's an orifice through which the genitalia is accessed. Male genitalia retracts into the cloaca when not in use. That's the reason you don't see bird dongles flapping around when birds are in flight. It's also the opening through which waste is excreted. It's sort of like birds have built in underwear with an easy all-access port.

And yes, ducks do have them.

15. Felson

Felson Void-Bound Voyager

There isss not enough floran in universsse.

16. CmereSweetHeart

Didn't ducks also have nasty 36 inches long magic shooters?

17. Stalkish Cockatiel

Stalkish Cockatiel Existential Complex

Avians because.... birds.....

18. KaZe_DaRKWIND

KaZe_DaRKWIND Big Damn Hero

Floransssss

19. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

Hylotl, Novakid, Human, Floran. (Seriously, no Floran bashing is not allowed.)

20. Akre

Akre Pangalactic Porcupine

Novakid.

I like their looks and steampunk feel of their ship and equipment.