1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Favorite Race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DialgaTheTimeLord, Feb 7, 2015.

1. FloomRide

FloomRide Cosmic Narwhal

Meh, all the races are pretty nice in their own way. I've never really liked glitch, but I haven't played with one long enough to understand what makes them amiable.

Hylot would be my favorite if it wasn't for the whole haughty weaboo stereotype.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  2. InsanityPixelated

InsanityPixelated Existential Complex

[Copy paste from another closed thread with same topic]
    The Hylotl are the best by far.
    The Hylotl are a prime example of a superior race surrounded by uneducated savages where the noble, handsome and dashing superior race help these savages obtain enlightenment similar to their own. The superior will always be better than the others, even after educating them.
    The vegetarian aspect of the Hylotl also contributes to their appeal to some, as I myself am a vegetarian. They strife for galactic peace and refuse to kill unless needed, and refuse to fight even the savage Florans who evicted them from their homeworld, even though the Hylotl could easily destroy the flowering barbarians with their own superior technology and masterful defense tactics.

The Hylotl are sophisticated, civilized, accomplished, knowledgeable, and generally peaceful supremacists; who appeal to those who are vain yet generous, pacifists, vegetarians, and those who value knowledge; and because of all these reasons, they are my favourite race.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    creca and Sh0elace like this.
  3. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Wasn't there another post like this?

Oh well. My favourite is the Humans. Because aliens aren't my thing. And neither are gorillas.

(Says the one with an alien thing on her head) :/

4. InsanityPixelated

InsanityPixelated Existential Complex

Silly humans and your xenophobic approach to galactic affairs. Be vigilant not to use the word 'alien' as a sub-type of beings. It merely means foreign. You are alien to us in the same way that we are alien to you.

Saying that other races are 'not your thing' is almost like you disagreeing with our superiority. How do you hope to function in this universe when you refuse to accept others as exceeding you in every way; which most races obviously are?
    Hylotl are still more superior than all the other races, but that is besides the point. Let us hope the small creature on your head is more reasonable than you are.

[Do not take anything I say seriously, I'm just trying to spark a debate like in the previous thread]

Biirdy Daysleeper likes this.
  5. Artay001

Artay001 Pangalactic Porcupine

That depends. Are we including modded races in this post, or purely vanilla?

6. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

The Apex, though some are oppressive and cruel, are by far the most intelligent race. Not only do they have the most advanced technology, but they are the most stylish of all the races.

7. Singlet

Singlet Void-Bound Voyager

I'm quite fond of the glitch. The concept of Medieval space robots is pretty great.

8. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Well TBH all aliens are just killed... When they try to attack me first. ^_^

Humans are awesome and always will beeeeee :D

Lintton likes this.
  9. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

Hylotl and floran, I love them because they are the only two actual aliens, and for least favorite

THOSE DIRTY, FASCISTS APES, THE APEX!!!

10. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

That is a strange and un-necessary nitpick. You readily "correct" the human, stating that "alien" should be used only to denote those that are foreign or of a different race to oneself. And then you proceed to lecture her under the implication that she did not do that.

... however, that is exactly what she did.

If you are going to represent our kind please do not be so laughably illogical in your arguments. You make the rest of us look bad.

And her preference towards specific races is in no way related to our superiority as a race over others. As Hylotl we must strive to be understanding of the opinions of lesser creatures, even if they are humorously incorrect.

11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

We're not all dirty fascists. Just some.

12. theXavier

theXavier Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just went for human since I want to actually be in the game in some form

13. Galactic Avatar

Galactic Avatar Cosmic Narwhal

Apex.

The Squid likes this.
  14. eragon

eragon Void-Bound Voyager

Great, now i get to have the debate about Hytol/Glitch again
    Glitch are way better

15. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Observation. True statement.

JEB! You're alive!

Disgruntled. Your sarcasm has been noted. I advise you to masticate me in vain, captain.

Ha-ha! Good ol' Jeb...

16. Marcos Brinigh

Marcos Brinigh Void-Bound Voyager

I like the humans , because I have a human OC named "Marcos Brinigh" ( like my name and my photo ).

17. Llefty

Llefty Void-Bound Voyager

While I mainly use a human character, I find the Glitch lore extremely interesting (their architecture is also the best IMO). The Novakid are probably my second favorite, although I haven't really played as one yet.

18. Kattanos

Kattanos Pangalactic Porcupine

I like pretty much everything about the Glitch except 1 thing... That stupid pig pet! Humans got cats.. So on my return from 1+ years of inactivity, I chose human..

Feline master race!

Although, now that I think about it, I could have caged the pig in a corner and label it the Idiot Box or Stu Pig Brig.. It kinda temps me now.. >.>

19. Manman179

Manman179 Phantasmal Quasar

I like playing as the Ningen (mods) because ANIMU.

20. Quwilly

Quwilly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So far Avians are my favorite, but maybe that's because I like to imagine the Stargazers as crazy cultists