1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the most earth like planet?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ChampCakeStorm, Aug 31, 2014.

1. ChampCakeStorm

ChampCakeStorm Void-Bound Voyager

Me and my friend found a good planet like earth but with a few problems, there is a massive prison there for humans (which we cleared out) but we didn't really want there, the enemies were not earth like (Even though that's really hard to find so I don't really need it) Its foggy (Which murders our fps) aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddd the water is poison.

So has anyone found an earth like planet? If so please tell me the co-ords on the starmap and the planet name and we will be grateful!

2. Jack_Kéther

Jack_Kéther Scruffy Nerf-Herder

problem: the earth has many biome, glacier, desert, mountain, prairie, forest, tundra, volcanic ect
    none of the starbound planet have so many biome on his surface/underground
    what kind of biome you want to set your home?

mob are randomly created but you certainly can't find pig/bear/wolf/squirel(ect) on the surface of a planet you can find 5 type of mob day : 3 on the ground : 1 Passive (don't attack until you attack them) 2 aggressive (attack when you are too cloose of them) and 2 in the sky 1 agresssive 1 passive
    same at night 5 type of mob (but they're different from the day time)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  3. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have an "earth like planet" as my home base.
    I showed it off a ~little~ here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...w-off-your-house-d.37292/page-61#post-2206908

Funny that I'm lucky to spawn on an earth like planet when I'm a demon, and proceeded to fill it with flesh and bone. But I wont go mutate the planet too much more than around the immediate area of the spawnpoint.

The lava and acid are imported, not natural to the planet surface. Along the surface it's very earth like, looking something like Japan might. Normal water, normal dirt, normal grass, the trees don't look out of place, a nice earthy mountain background, ect. The monsters weren't too weird either if I remember right, but then I don't pay much attention to the monsters. It's not a human world though, it's FULL of glitch. Which in a sense makes it even more human than if it was populated by humans. Since the glitch villages don't look as out of place with their surroundings as USCM stuff does.

Edit: I cannot give you coordinates though. I use mods that expand on planet generation and in doing so they make the coordinates different than non-modded. Maybe different from others with the same mods even. It's biome is "Forest", I don't think that's a standard biome. But you can find "Earth-like" planets normally as well. Usually in Arid biomes if I remember right.

4. Jack_Kéther

Jack_Kéther Scruffy Nerf-Herder

plan to visit an avian tomb for complete your home but it's a forest biome i dunno if he want tree/dirt like earth or if want some biome like earth

5. Starhowl

Starhowl Phantasmal Quasar

I assume you want brown dirt, green grass, and blue water with evergreen earth-like trees?

Current as of last stable build, here ya go:

X) 145
    Y) 94
    Name) Alpha Tau Sgr 74 II a
    Primary Biome) Forest
    Secondary Biome) Volcanic

Edit: Whoops, forgot the numeric. Also it has nice weather!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  6. ChampCakeStorm

ChampCakeStorm Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks Starhowl! (The only so far that gave co-ords =P) I already found an earth like planet for my friend and me but ill be sure to use it on singleplayer
    If anyone came to this thread to get Earth like co-ords then use Starhowls (The one above me) or mine which has pine trees, brown dirt, to the right a gltich house, to the left a USMC base (i think thats what it is) also the purple neighbouring planet contains Mushrooms all round with about 5 gun dealers and the other neighbour planet if you go left for a while there is an avian battle ship (you'll know cause of the anchor)
    X:-65311957
    Y:-39562241
    Alpha Zell Majoris III : Avian Battle Ship
    Alpha Zell Majoris III a : Earth like planet
    Alpha Zell Majoris III b : Mushrooms!

DISCLAIMER!!!!!: THE EARTH LIKE PLANET HAS METEOR SHOWERS SO MAKE YOUR HOUSE UNDERGROUND OR OUT OF COBBLESTONE!

Also Starhowl The co-ordinates are very small never seen any that small in my life, and now i want to see whats at X:1 Y:1 =P

Starhowl likes this.
  7. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

According to my calculations, Earth is the most earth-like planet. Oh, you were talking about Starbound? Well I know nothing about that then!

8. Lazogna

Lazogna Contact!

Check and check.
    I'm pretty sure you already found earth.

Long live the Terran Empire!

ChampCakeStorm and LethalShade like this.